Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfume in the Office.

Nooooooooooo!!

One of the managers in my office (not mine) is a middle-aged woman who puts on SO MUCH ****ING PERFUME it should be illegal. She walks by my desk a few times a day and I don't even have to see her to notice. This waft of perfume hangs around for like 5 minutes after she briskly walks by.

RELATED:

Another colleague (who I do not know) was visiting the office yesterday while on mat leave. Not only did this trigger about 2 hours worth of women congregating, oohing, ahhing, and giggling...but she brought her 2 month old and 3 year old to the office for 2 hours! And they cried and needed diaper changes, etc.

NO RESPECT.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

The problem is my old firm had about a 98% male population. Life was so much simpler back then...

It's about 70% female here as I'm on the marketing floor. Female ARTS GRADUATES.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh the irony!

I'm thinking half the geeks on poly would give their right ball to be in your office...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'm also one of the only men here under 30.

It's disgusting the attention I get. It bothers me.

Comment

The body secretes natural gonad hormones such as cortisol in response to stressful events or when trying to attract mates. Ants do this to signal other ants that there is an anteater nearby, but they also do it like dogs and need to use scents to signify when they are horny as well. I'm not sure what I am getting at other than to say that it is likely this woman was not putting on perfume. There is a thing called natural pheromones that are secreted to attract other men and repel gays and their ilk, so it seems this is one case of nature getting what it wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            I'm also one of the only men here under 30.

It's disgusting the attention I get. It bothers me.
            Do they know you're gay yet?

Comment

Who has hijacked Wiggy's login ? He makes sense.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nope. I keep that out of the office.

They do know I have fiance, which is no lie. They just assume the gender.

Comment

So they're trying to tempt you before you tie the knot...

Comment

Oh god. If you told them you were gay you would be like soo payopular. If there are females in charge of anything you'd get an immediate raise and weekly group trips to JCrew.

Comment

I thought you were bi? So it's all good.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        Oh god. If you told them you were gay you would be like soo payopular. If there are females in charge of anything you'd get an immediate raise and weekly group trips to JCrew.
                        There's no females at all in my chain of command. There's only 3 people above me up to the CEO/President right now and they're all male. These females are in other departments.

Comment

By the way, I don't like perfume in the office either. But a couple years ago, I had a hot colleague who wore perfume that drove me wild -- couldn't continue my work for hours after I saw her.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Handling the perfume problem is easy. Just wait until the next time you have allergies or just have the sniffles from a cold. Then go to HR and say you went to the doctor and he speculated that you were having an allergic reaction to the perfume. I've seen this tactic work at least 5 or 6 times.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                              I thought you were bi? So it's all good.
                              No.

Comment

Working...
                              X