Apolyton Bible-Trivia-Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    Funnier, but I would prefer you to pick someone who isn't permabanned.

Who did God instruct Hosea to marry?

JM
    This is an incorrect question.

I'll sub in a question:
    What is the source and interpretation of the name Maher-shalal-hash-baz?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

lol
      jm
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Bump!

I don't want to let this thread be forgotten. So I will give the answer to this one and try to phrase a little bit easier question next time.

It's from the Book of Isaiah, and is the name the prophet is commanded to give to his second son. It means something like: "Hurry to the spoil! He has made haste to the plunder!" referring to the impending Assyrian invasion.

Here's an easier question: What was the second city Joshua and the Israelites attacked after they captured Jericho?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

dp

Comment

Gary, Indiana.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              Funnier, but I would prefer you to pick someone who isn't permabanned.

Who did God instruct Hosea to marry?

JM
              Off the top of my head:

A prostitute, to symbolize Israel's whoring itself out to the surrounding nations?
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Bump!

I don't want to let this thread be forgotten. So I will give the answer to this one and try to phrase a little bit easier question next time.

It's from the Book of Isaiah, and is the name the prophet is commanded to give to his second son. It means something like: "Hurry to the spoil! He has made haste to the plunder!" referring to the impending Assyrian invasion.

Here's an easier question: What was the second city Joshua and the Israelites attacked after they captured Jericho?
                I'm going to guess Bethel, but I suspect that isn't it.

The two cities are almost on top of each other on a map, and I think Bethel is more centrally located.

Comment

It was Ai.

What was Jesus' middle name?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

H.

Jesus H. Christ, everyone knows that!
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sonof.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        It was Ai.

What was Jesus' middle name?

****ing.

edit by Robert Plomp: evading the autocensor is not allowed.
                        Last edited by Robert; May 6, 2009, 15:06.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Stop copying my exact words from my original thread at TOS, Asher!

Comment

Oh, and in case anybody was giving a crap about it, I'm an Atheist BTW. I just came with this Bible-Trivia-thread at TOS for the sake of living up the OT-section of it a bit, and that happened just to be the first idea which came to my mind.

Comment

Jesus' middle name was Aron, with one r... mysteriously, though, his tombstone spells it Arron!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Ben-Joseph

Comment

Working...
                                X