No announcement yet.

Obama worse than Kissinger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm talking about selling insurance ONLY on the amount that the government expropriates.

I think I understand. What would that be in the Chrysler case? The amount of secured bondholders assets that got transferred to the UAW under the new Chrysler?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yes, assuming that the amount transferred was less than the difference between the face value of debt owed to the bondholders and the amount they actually got...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
        Presidents have pretty substantial war-making powers thanks to their role as Commander in Chief and the lack of any alternative decision-making authority. That's not the case with bankruptcy law. Obama is skirting the law for political reasons in an area where it's quite settled, effective decision-making bodies already exist and the President has had no tradition role.
        I'm not contesting that, but when you say "worse than Kissinger" I naturally think he's got some napalm-soaked Khmai children in his closet. Maybe Kissinger also stretched the powers of the Presidency too far, but that's not what I think of when I hear his name.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• when you say "worse than Kissinger"

I didn't say that. It was a reference to the article linked to in the OP.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
          X