No announcement yet.

Board Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I just bought a game called Zombies, it is really quite fun.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

they made several expansions to Zombies! as well. my wife really enjoys the game too, although we rarely play it. i'm going to need to rectify that.

also it's disappointing that nobody's mentioned illuminati and Nuclear War! both led to riotous good times when gaming at lefty's.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Nuclear War was already mentioned, but yes Illuminati...

We still play Naval War or Munchkin quite often before or after our AD&D sessions.

We have quite a back catalogue of boardgames, though most of them take too long to play or need specific numbers of players - ever tried playing all of the Third World War games in one go?

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I was just going to mention Third World War!! che and I used to play it a lot. I don't think we ever finished one.

ALso:

Midway!
          Flattop, but I doubt it still exists
          Arab-Israeli Wars
          Third Reich
          Advance Squad Leader !

Star Fleet Battles was one we played a lot too. It had only 1 million rules. The easier to handle video game Star Commander was based on this.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post

Also, the expansion set with the alternative endings was a good improvement. The dull command-spell thingy was a bit of a damp squib at the end of a game.
            The ending was a bit of a downer. I remember at one party, one of the ladies really got offended by it. We were having such a great time, and then I started throwing death spells.

Comment

Snakes and Ladders

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                !!!!

Do you mean TripleA? JM, Jaguar and I play all the time. I'll send you a message next time we're up for a game.
                No, I meant Dogs of War. Haven't tried TripleA (will download), but would gladly play it with y'all.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                X