Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
    "I cast Magic Missile... AT THE DARKNESS!" hah hah hah hah
    Maybe that's it... it's not a beer or blunt, but he's thrown a lit molotov cocktail! I feel sorry for whoever's on the receiving end.

OH, and since it's blue, it's probably the god Shiva. Maybe we should all convert to Hinduism.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      It looks like God has 2 thumbs on that hand... if it's thumbs that helps separate us from the dumb animals... makes sense that God would have more.
      So when people say I'm 'all thumbs' they really mean I'm closer to God?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Photoshop was my first inclination. Would be nice to think it's real however.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

God has a rather unsightly lump on his wrist. He should see someone about that.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post
            Photoshop was my first inclination. Would be nice to think it's real however.
            There are billions and billions of nebulae in the universe. It would be utterly ridiculous to think that among them, there wasn't one that was shaped in a way that makes humans think of a hand. Is the horse head nebula a sign that "god" is a horse?
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

it's frightening that that skit was eerily close to most of the D&D games i've played in.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

OMG! Maradona ascended!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

maybe it's the starchild/baby from 2001: A space odyssey reaching for its cosmic bottle
                  "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Lightning Bolt! Lightening Bolt!
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

[Q=Alinestra Covelia;5568029]"I cast Magic Missile... AT THE DARKNESS!" hah hah hah hah[/Q]

[Q=self biased;5568421]it's frightening that that skit was eerily close to most of the D&D games i've played in.[/Q]
                      Why I haven't played in 20+ years. The only gamers I met were that lame. I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I haven't played any face-to-face role playing games since D&D went to 4th ed.

I'm part of a GURPS game that a friend is running, set in post-nuclear Gabon 800 years after the bombs fell. It's pretty good fun. The combat is really deadly, so the game does absolutely emphasize role-playing rather than run-and-gun. One player's character took a single bullet, which rendered him temporarily paralyzed from shock, and which would take him about three weeks to a month to recover from. And even then he'll have permanent lingering attribute damage. Pretty close to real life.

I'm on a bit of a mild CRPG kick right now. I'm thinking about replaying Planescape Torment, which is a really good game. Also I want to complete Mass Effect.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                        X