Why is the left afraid of Glen Beck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the left afraid of Glen Beck?

For those that do not know who he is, Glen Beck is a former CNN anchor, and radio host that recently got a show on Fox News. In a few months, Glen Beck has become the #3 on Fox, behind Hannity and O'Reilly, which is a great success for the guy. Before his show on Fox he had a pretty well syndicated radio show (still on the air) as well as being an almost household name for those who watched CNN, however, now he's essentially a star, and talked about by both conservatives and liberals.

For me personally? I'm not a big fan. Sure, he's charismatic and clever, and his show is entertaining (I'd compare it to the Daily Show but for conservatives), but sometimes the guy creeps me out. All the crying, emotional outburts, and strange segments his show have are kind of off putting to me. I would find it kind of embarassing to even bring up the fact that I watch the show occasionally. In fact, I don't really even consider him in the same type of style as Bill O, Hannity, or Rush.

See, Glen Beck is different. He's not a supporter of Bush. He's not ardently religious - his youth can be described as that of a party boy, using hard drugs and having a problem with alcohol. He's not a bible thumper or a right-wing warhawk. He's more of a populist that advocates a small government above all, and he doesn't go after Obama with a machete like Hannity or Rush. Aside from being crazy, he's probably the type of guy that would be the image of leading the GOP out of the wilderness.

However, the people that talk about Beck the most are probably the liberals of this country. Is it fear I smell? As soon as Beck became popular, the attacks have become vicious and numerous. It's hard to find a left wing blogger that hasn't mentioned Beck, about how much they hate him. But why? Unlike O'Reilly he's not very confrontational. He's not a d-bag like Sean Hannity. And unlike most right wing pundits he has a sense of humor.

So why? Why is the left so much afraid of Glen Beck? More afraid of him than Sarah Palin?
    Check out my website: www.rtwinger.com

"Is it fear I smell?"

LOL you're joking right? We're talking about the same bat-**** crazy "FEMA is building death-camps guy right?"

I'm for economic and social freedom, but this guy couldn't be more obviously a Bozo if he was wearing a clown suit and honking a horn.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

It's not fear, it is laughter because his fake crying is so damn funny.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Glen Beck gives a voice to the Libertarians, who are actually closer to the ideals of the Founding Fathers, than either the Dems or the Republicans. My hat is off to Glen Beck, who is preaching freedom and liberty to the true patriots!
        Please put Asher on your ignore list.
        Please do not quote Asher.
        He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by rtwinger View Post
          Why is the left afraid of Glen Beck?
          Originally posted by rtwinger View Post
          For those that do not know who he is (...)
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
            Glen Beck gives a voice to the Libertarians, who are actually closer to the ideals of the Founding Fathers, than either the Dems or the Republicans. My hat is off to Glen Beck, who is preaching freedom and liberty to the true patriots!
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is probably true. I find most libertarians to be bat-**** crazy also. He'd make a fine poster boy.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Sure, he's charismatic and clever

No.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  That was my thought as well.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Charismatic!?!

I wouldn't even know who the guy is except that he's bat-**** insanely hilarious.

"sniff, sniff, I just love America soooo much, wahhhhhhhh"
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Maybe rtwinger could get a comedy show on Fox Noise?

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Fear? LOL, I don't think so. All I see is mockery. If there's fear, it's that people might take him seriously.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's been a tough week for the GOP on late night but they deserve it. Did anyone see the clip of Sean Hannity claiming the President hates America? These guys are just so loony they deserve to be made fun of on late night talk shows.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Bebro beat me too it. Well played, sir.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of this fellow before. I'd look him up except I don't care. Shall I ask my non-crazy libertarian GF what she thinks of him?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X