No announcement yet.

Why is the left afraid of Glen Beck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In lolbertarian filosufy, they think that only coercive force = force. Self-defense, even armed self-defense does not constitute force.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's simply not true of any but the stupidest lolbertarians.

The difference (for them) between government force and individual force (under certain circumstances) is that one is justified while the other is not.

Not that one is force and the other is not. Or are you claiming that in lolbertarian filosofy rape doesn't exist?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

rape would be coercive force, and thus force

Every lolbertarian has explained to me that force = bad. When queried about self-defense, they claim that self-defense is not force, because force is only coercive. Basically, the redefine words to fit their filosofy, and they do it with a lot of words, so this shouldn't be a surprise

They don't see a difference between government and individual force, neither is justified according to them. Any time someone makes you do something you don't want to do, that's a use of force. If you defend yourself from that, it's not force.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

America allows hormonal weepers air-time?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The greatest aspect of the Libertarian philosophy is their strong endorsement of gun rights, which they should be applauded for!
            Unfortunately though, when it comes to Her Majesty, and Christian Values, the Libertarian mindset falls short.
            The Libertarian ideology is a good choice, for "Moderate Conservatives" who value fiscal conservatism, and social liberalism.
            Please put Asher on your ignore list.
            Please do not quote Asher.
            He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

This may blow your mind, troglodyte, but commies are strong endorsers of gun rights also.

Comment

And twitchy loners with sociopathic tendencies, coupled with a deep bitterness about that fact that they can't get laid. They're keen champions of gun rights too.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Wow, the red button really does enhance reading Laz's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                    This may blow your mind, troglodyte, but commies are strong endorsers of gun rights also.
                    Currently every communist country in the world has laws banning the private ownership of guns. Furthermore the Communist Party of the United States has this to say on "Gun Control": The position of the CPUSA should be directed toward the closing of loopholes in the laws concerning the sale of guns at gun shows, and requirements for safety features such as locks that prevent accidental deaths.

That doesn't sound very gun friendly to me. Face it, Commies are not good on guns.
                    Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                    Please do not quote Asher.
                    He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

The Communist Party USA aren't commies.

Comment

This thread rapidly went from hi-****ing-larious to kinda dull. Can't we all just get back to mocking Beck and rt?
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

stop talking with your DL, che

Comment

Meow!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
                              The position of the CPUSA should be directed toward the closing of loopholes in the laws concerning the sale of guns at gun shows, and requirements for safety features such as locks that prevent accidental deaths.

That doesn't sound very gun friendly to me.
                              accidental deaths= gun friendly
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Liar.

Dude, I'm probably more libertarian than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X