Promote your City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promote your City

Are you proud of where you live? If not, wtf are you doing there...!?

I know, us Welsh are a bunch of grumpy backward funny-talking sheepshaggers who live in the armpit of the UK - but I for one wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK than Cardiff.

A small, but perfectly formed and effortless to live in city of a little over 300,000...

So, promote your city - why is it so great to live there!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

There are trees here. Having been born in a place with less trees, I appreciate them.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Orlando, Florida

It is crime ridden, overpopulated in most areas, high unemployment with lots of pissed off people that would completely enjoy shooting you in the face or running you over with a truck, overcrowded jails letting "lesser inmates" go, bankrupt schools and a joke of an education system, and most state-governed officials are either corrupt or completely inept.

But I survived these streets (completely alone and abandoned) for 14 years, am now in my own duplex within arguably the quietest and safest neighborhood in the entire city with everything within walking distance including my job and my immediate family.

...and the rest of planet earth can now burn in hell. Here i am and here i shall stay.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

That's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

its a reverse-endorsement.

they seriously need to sent the national guard in here and/or declare martial law.
          Order of the Fly

Comment

London Ontario. Come drop in sometime.
            Attached Files
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Hometown: Stoke - mostly working class through and through, very few people ever leave the area (most people who get a degree get a degree from one of the two universities and stay there in the city); hell, I'm considering moving back there, I don't think I could live anywhere else in this country other than Stoke, even if it is crappy. Just generic English ****e.

University town; Durham - still mostly working class, but with a univeristy that is mostly middle class and full of rahs who are nothing but dicks. I...don't think I could stay here after getting my degree, although alot of people like it and have said they'd stay here if they could find jobs. Really small though, 50,000 but only 15 minutes on the train to Newcastle...

Both cities are boring though, nothing over 3 stories, they're just...MMBU...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

A small, but perfectly formed and effortless to live in city of a little over 300,000...

300,000 people isn't a "city"...

Comment

So what is it, a village?
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Town

edit: As an example, here is an American town that is more than twice as populous as the "city" of Cardiff...

Last edited by Naked Gents Rut; March 31, 2009, 20:45.

Comment

i wonder what Sid Meier would think about that...
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

Wales has another "city" with a population of only 1,797...

What a bunch of wankers.

Comment

Hmm, an endorsement for London. Well, MOBIUS doesn't live here, does that count?

Comment

A town that if it were a city would be the 14th most populous city in the USA?

Now that is a nice troll

8.6/10
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie View Post
                              Hmm, an endorsement for London. Well, MOBIUS doesn't live here, does that count?
                              That's not so much an endorsement as one of the reasons Wales is a ****ty country to live in.

Comment

Working...
                              X