Burger King's Whopper Virgins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Pretty cool stuff. Obviously a commercial, but a good commercial.

I'm surprised Romanians are that isolated from hamburgers. Hmong villagers I can understand, and Inuit too. I figured Romanians would have some contact with American culture. And that would be McDonalds.
    Don't forget that Romania is not a rich country. For many people there a fast-food restaurant is still a restaurant, a fancy and expensive place to go and eat. The video did mention that all of the tasters lived reasonably close to both burger joints so they could be fed real burgers, it's just that they have never even though of going there. If you live in a village and don't have a TV you are isolated from any fast-food advertising. I'm sure you could find a lot of people in Russia who have never had a hamburger before.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Legally speaking, is Burger King allowed to claim that they aren't actors even if they are? I mean, it's not airing on public airwaves, so the FCC doesn't really have a role. Is there some other body of law that forbids false claims in advertising?
      These ads are being shown on tv.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

While the people in the commercial may be actors (there's no evidence of that, it's simply a possibility), there's no evidence that BK didnt do what they said they've done, ie ask people who've never eaten a hamburger and have not been exposed to our advertising to compare the Big Mac against The Whopper.

Personally I like the double whopper with cheese and bacon. Hardee's triple thick burger with cheese and bacon is the winner of the fast food chains though.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
          That video is obviously fake. The only black people in Minnesota are Prince and Kirby Puckett.
          don't forget Guzman
          Unbelievable!

Comment

:-p

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
              Personally I like the double whopper with cheese and bacon...
              From me, who's had gall stones + 1 heart attack: Repent, my son!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

Pedo-Winston

A predilection for virgins does not a paedophile make.

Comment

Whataburger makes infinitely better hamburgers than either McDonalds or Burger King.

Comment

Pretty cool stuff. Obviously a commercial, but a good commercial.

I'm surprised Romanians are that isolated from hamburgers. Hmong villagers I can understand, and Inuit too. I figured Romanians would have some contact with American culture. And that would be McDonalds.
                    Rural Eastern Europe is pretty backwards (economically, at least). You still got farmers bringing the goods to the market with a horse-drawn cart.
                    There is just one McD in Kiev (and that's a 2+m city).
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                      From me, who's had gall stones + 1 heart attack: Repent, my son!
                      I only eat about 2-3 fastfood hamburgers a year, so it's not a worry.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        I thought this was an interesting bit of advertising, market research, and documentary work all rolled into one. Burger King wanted to do a taste test between the Whopper and the Big Mac but they wanted to hear from people who had never tried a hamburger before nor be exposed to advertising by either firm. To do this they went around the world finding people in extremely remote locations who had never eaten a hamburger and sometimes never even heard of a hamburger before. This video is their result. I must say it was kind of interesting just watching people try to figure out how exactly you eat a hamburger, how you hold it, etc...

http://www.whoppervirgins.com/
                        How is this news? That entire commercial series came and went last year. Honestly I don't watch TV that much, but I remember them about a year ago.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          How is this news? That entire commercial series came and went last year. Honestly I don't watch TV that much, but I remember them about a year ago.
                          Ah, but only now did Oerdin think of conducting an online search for the string "virgin+whop".

Comment

ive never seen the actual commercial. just the snl version i linked above.
                            :-p

Comment

Legally speaking, is Burger King allowed to claim that they aren't actors even if they are? I mean, it's not airing on public airwaves, so the FCC doesn't really have a role. Is there some other body of law that forbids false claims in advertising?
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanham_Act
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                Irony

Wikipedia having an article about false advertisement
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X