Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School shooting in Germany, at least 10 dead

I just noticed this:

At least 10 people have been killed in a shooting at a school in south-west Germany, police say.

Most of the dead are thought to have been pupils at the Albertville secondary school in Winnenden, north of Stuttgart.

Reports say the gunman, thought to be a 17-year-old former pupil wearing black combat gear, fled into the town centre.

A search is underway with helicopters circling over the town. Police and rescue teams are at the school.

See where the attack took place

Earlier reports said a suspect had been arrested, but German police say the gunman is still on the run.

"We have to assume a death toll in the double-digits," a spokeswoman for the interior ministry in the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg told the Reuters news agency.

GERMAN SCHOOL ATTACKS
    2006: A former pupil injures 11 students at a school in western town of Emsdetten before turning the gun on himself.
    2002: A former pupil kills 17 people in his school in the eastern city of Erfurt, then kills himself.

In pictures: School shooting
    Timeline of school shootings
    "These are students," she said.

The editor of the local paper, Frank Nipkau, told television channel N-TV that eight pupils and two adults were among the dead.

The chief reporter of the Stuttgart Journal newspaper, Kevin Latzel, told the BBC that there was a lot of confusion at the scene of the shooting.

"It's very horrible... the parents are crying, the pupils are crying and a lot of police is there and nobody knows really what happened," he said.

"They are very afraid, the pupils are calling their parents and the parents they want to pick [them] up but they can't do this, the parents they are not allowed to get into the classrooms," he added.

The attack is reported to have begun at about 0945 (0845 GMT).

The gunman "went into the school with a weapon and carried out a bloodbath", regional police chief Erwin Hetger said, the Associated Press news agency reported.

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," he said.

Witnesses said students jumped from the windows of the school after the gunman opened fire.

About 1,000 children are thought to attend the school, in the town some 20km (12 miles) north-east of Stuttgart.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

German media speak of 11 deaths now.
    Blah

I thought only AMERICANS! did this sh!T?

Comment

There are mentally deficient people everywhere. This is another bad deal.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

17 is the latest count
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Is there anymore news on this shooting? What was the motivation?

Comment

Last time I checked they thought a table tennis player did this...****
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              I thought only AMERICANS! did this sh!T?
              young germans love to emulate american culture. :-p
              :-p

Comment

There was a spree killing in Alabama too. 10 dead, including an 18 month old baby.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

More and more of these stories might start appearing if this recession/depression doesn't give way.
                  be free

Comment

do ya think he was gay because he shot women?

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                      do ya think he was gay because he shot women?
                      I think he was a virgin because he shot women.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I think he'd been married at least once. That would do it.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I didn't expect a 17-year-old to be married.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Uh, such stories are horrible. Poor victims, poor families of the victims, and poor family of the murderer. I don't get it though. I'm constantly depressed and never had an idea to kill anyone... yet.

Yes, I think he was turned down by girls and laughed at, so he did that.
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy View Post
                              More and more of these stories might start appearing if this recession/depression doesn't give way.

Comment

Working...
                              X