Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you revoke the mandates of elected officials in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's called assassination.

Comment

Can anyone here think of a European leader who's been assassinated. I can't think of any in the last century.

(Archduke Ferdinand, sure. But he wasn't the leader of Austria-Hungary.)

Comment

Hmm, I can't.

Perhaps this is a good first step toward figuring out what's wrong with Europe.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
          Can anyone here think of a European leader who's been assassinated. I can't think of any in the last century.

(Archduke Ferdinand, sure. But he wasn't the leader of Austria-Hungary.)
          Engelbert Dollfuss, Austrian chancelor, 1934.

There were several murder attempts against Charles de Gaulle too.

I'm sure there are others.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

There is also Olof Palme.

Comment

We don't care what you call your five-fingered lover, Riesstiu.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                Davis lied about the shortfall. Arnold hasn't. Thus the difference. Plus, Gray was not only the man's name, it was a description of his personality.
                Wasn't there some state representative that financed the recall campaign because he thought he could win the recall election before Schwarzeneger said he'd run?

Olof Palme. 1986. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olof_Palme is the first that comes to mind.

edit: Seems I've been beaten to the punch.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                X