No announcement yet.

My Solution to Jolt the Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Look at the cigarette taxes in Chicago. Let's say you buy a pack for $8.00 the tax portion of that is $4.05 (Highest in the country) which is over 50%.

Currently an ounce of decent stuff will be well over $100 (most likely closer to $200)
    So $50 bucks per ounce would be less than the cigarette tax.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      Currently an ounce of decent stuff will be well over $100 (most likely closer to $200)
      So $50 bucks per ounce would be less than the cigarette tax.
      I can get a QP for that.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I guess we have a different definition of "decent stuff"

Who else here is getting decent QP for $100?
        I haven't seen those prices since my school days, and that was a long long time ago.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't bought any in years, but if I understand what a friend was paying last year... I think $80 for a quarter OUNCE was the price for good stuff.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            I guess we have a different definition of "decent stuff"
            No. I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              No. I doubt it.
              I don't. Back when I was a customer, I could get hydro for $150/oz., or street for $35/oz. I doubt the ratio has changed much. Unless you've got a grower buddy, it's probably the same.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                I don't. Back when I was a customer, I could get hydro for $150/oz., or street for $35/oz. I doubt the ratio has changed much. Unless you've got a grower buddy, it's probably the same.
                I'm not talking about $35/oz. I'm talking about under $200/QP. That's decent ****. That's the **** that most people smoke because it's the best deal. Some people obviously smoke the top of the line ****, but they spend way too much for it, but that's not most people.

Comment

It's good to see we are all in agreement here. I am forwarding my idea on to the president.

Thanks!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                    It's good to see we are all in agreement here. I am forwarding my idea on to the president.

Thanks!

Comment

My Solution to Jolt the Economy

Invade Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Also the law enforcement is good for the economy. That's a lot of paychecks that people wouldn't otherwise get.

Paying people money to go around breaking windows (i.e., putting pot smokers in jail) does not help the economy.
                        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Thue View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable..._broken_window

Paying people money to go around breaking windows (i.e., putting pot smokers in jail) does not help the economy.
                          It does when they spend their paychecks in a recession.

Comment

Working...
                          X