No announcement yet.

If You Addessed the Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the top of my head, I don't know the exact setup, but I'm pretty sure it's an "opt-out" situation, where the ban is the default. Most places have an outright ban with a "private club" exemption. In effect, you can buy a drink at any restaurant you normally could, but only after joining their club, which usually consists of paying a dollar and signing a card, but no go in stores. No distinction made between beer, liquor and wine. Jefferson County (Birmingham) has unrestricted sales (though, to be fair, I've never tried buying before noon, so it may be the same as yours). Dothan looks like it may go that way soon. Fortunately, those are the two places I spend most of my time. The idea in general is an odious blight on the name of civilization, though.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Re: If You Addessed the Nation

Where would I find an envelope beig enough and how could I afford the postage?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He's making a joke about sending a letter to the nation (to an address)
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            No liquor on Sunday here. Beer is ok. Bars are open.
            That is barbaric.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Actually, it goes before the county, and then to the city on what their law is on it. The city may not sell it at all.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                He's making a joke about sending a letter to the nation (to an address)
                My first thought when I saw the thread title was Ed Norton on The Honeymooners saying "Hello, ball."

Comment

I would tell every American to turn off their TV and do something else tonight. I know, a lot of people have to unwind after work and everything, so leisure it up some other way. Read a book, even if it's a ****ty one like Twilight or the Left Behind series. Go outside and talk to your neighbors. Take a nap. Because literally just about anything would be more productive than the entire nation watching me chatter for an hour. The only bad thing is even that would still be better than the entire nation watching Two and a Half Men.

If we can't preempt every station, meaning that most people are just going to change the channel, then I'll just show two episodes of King of the Hill.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                    I would unveil my grand plan to kill the firstborn of every family in America until Sunday beer laws were a relic of the past.
                    Buy on Saturday or spend at least one day a week sober.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
                      I thought better of you than that.

Comment

Can't buy until 1pm here, but it can be served.

6am to 1pm can feel like an eternity.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

On the weekend, I seldom get up before one o'clock, so I have no idea what the rules might be. Virginia used to have "blue laws" preventing the sale of almost anything on Sunday. Now only beer and wine are blocked on Sunday. Liquor is sold in state-run stores, so generally, there are no liquor sales on the weekend.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
                            But I always invariably end up at the supermarket on Sunday
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                            X