If You Addessed the Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Addessed the Nation

If you had an hour, during prime time, on all network stations, and some non-network stations, and the the golf channel, and they would pre-empt all you favorite shows like Fringe and never rerun them later that night so that you would just be left out of the loop and have to call your west coast friends to find out if anything cool happened... what would you say? or show? or do?

Please don't post exactly what you would say, I don't want to read a 1 hour script or anything.

Me?

Monkeys vs. Senators on Wipeout!
    Monkey!!!

I would talk about the national decline in poop quality and how more and more people are having diarrhea. If I was Republican I might even blame gays for it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How to improve the quality of life for pet mice.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'd broadcast nothing at all.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'd go on for an hour about how Star Wars is NOT Science Fiction, although it is a great space fantasy, and how George Lucas embodies the eternal contradiction - creator of one of the greatest epics of all time, and then destroyer of it.

In the background would be Han Solo firing first, on repeat.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If I were a politician...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I was flipping through the Cable last night, and someone was being interviewed and they were on Skype, I think they were a politician from some auto maker city, the interviewer was white and so was the politician, anyhoo, he went off on the one interviewing, about taking more cuts from the American worker.

Did anyone see this and if so do you have a link?

The politician, who went off was a bit over reactive but had great points!

Thanks in advance!

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I might yell at people for not watching shows like "Arrested Development" and yet turning out in droves to watch "Two and Half Men".
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I know I'll sleep better tonight, knowing that all the major problems are under consideration.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I would unveil my grand plan to kill the firstborn of every family in America until Sunday beer laws were a relic of the past.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

dp
                        Last edited by Solomwi; February 26, 2009, 00:22.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

What is the law, oh stuttering one? Noon here.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The law would be no alcohol sales on Sundays... at least that's the law in Georgia.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No liquor on Sunday here. Beer is ok. Bars are open.

Comment

Working...
                              X