Astrology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
    Cancer has a negative connotation, so i prefer Lobster nowadays.
    Don't be ridiculous. Cancer grows on you if you'll let it.
    B♭3

Comment

February 22 1983
      10:33 PM Time Zone is EST
      Atlanta, GA
      This is correct. Then again, I put in this data.

Rising Sign is in 26 Degrees Libra
      Very attractive and popular,
      Attractive, no. Popular, no. "Likeable," maybe.
      your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you.
      Maybe.
      "Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. You always try to ameliorate or to cosmetically hide any physical ugliness or any angry feelings between people.
      True, perhaps. But a lot of people are non-confrontational.
      Flashy, but not gaudy, you prefer to dress elegantly.
      Wrong. Most straight men probably dress better than I do.
      You generally have good taste in music, art and literature.
      Not really. I have no real taste in music, other than if it has a tune that pleases me, I'll listen to it. Art and Literature, that's probably more accurate, since I do tend to pick winners for films when I organize group viewings.
      Beware of the tendency to compromise yourself in your attempt to be agreeable at all times.
      I don't try to be agreeable at all times, only around people who haven't irked me yet and when their opinion of me is worth something.
      A bit of a social butterfly,
      Perhaps. But that's more a factor of me being more on the fringes of many groups rather than in the center of any particular one.
      at times you can be vain and lazy.
      Vain, no. Lazy, yes.
      For the most part, however, you are gracious and affectionate, and your refined and aristocratic demeanor serves as a role model to others.
      I like to think that I am, but others may disagree or not.

Sun is in 03 Degrees Pisces.
      Extremely sensitive and emotional, you absorb the emotions of others (whether positive or negative) like a sponge.
      I don't know if I absorb them so much as notice them very quickly.
      Emotionally vulnerable, you are easily upset and tend to cry readily.
      Upset? No. And the fragility is more due to my inability to get past frequent bouts of melancholia.
      As far as crying readily, that's only after a whole bottle of wine and watching a tearjerker.
      You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people.
      Maybe, but this applies to everyone. Besides, too many upbeat people and you start to want to destroy their joyous moods.
      You are very helpful and understanding of the needs of others. Indeed, at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help.
      Only when the whimsy strikes my mercurial nature.
      Shy, dreamy, romantic in nature,
      Yes.
      you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world.
      Doesn't everyone?
      Just be careful that you do not get lost in it! Trust your intuitions -- you may be quite psychic.
      Bollocks.

Moon is in 05 Degrees Cancer.
      For the most part, you are very strong and secure emotionally.
      If by "strong and secure emotionally" they mean anything but, then yes. I may seem that way, but it's a relatively flimsy facade, about as well built as the NKorean village along the DMZ.
      You intuitively know what to do to make others feel comfortable, loved, accepted and needed. You naturally enjoy feeding and taking care of others.
      Somewhat true, but only for those I deem worthy.
      Be careful that your mothering does not turn into smothering. At times, you tend to feel that those to whom you are attached can never do anything without your assistance and support.
      Wrong. Let's go back up a few lines, where it says I'm very sensitive to emotional states? Yeah, I pick up very quickly on when I'm not wanted or needed, and I often graciously make my exit.
      Extremely sensitive by nature, it hurts you deeply whenever anyone criticizes you.
      Only when I deem their opinions worthy. Which is often limited to a very tiny group of people.
      You have an almost desperate need to be loved and wanted and needed by everyone with whom you come into contact, and you go out of your way to be accommodating to them.
      Wrong. I only need the love, want, and need of a very small inner circle. Everyone else can go **** themselves. It's nice if they like me, but it's not necessary.

Mercury is in 11 Degrees Aquarius.
      You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.
      Sure, I like to think this about myself. I don't know if I'm a good critic, though, because the "constructive criticism" stuff annoys the **** out of me.
      I've savaged someone else's work, only to balance it with, "You had good grammar..."

Venus is in 00 Degrees Aries.
      You are a very affectionate person but you hate to be tied down.
      Wrong.
      You are more than willing to be the aggressor in initiating new relationships.
      Wrong, wrong, wrong.
      Indeed, once you have set your sights on someone, you tend to pursue him or her ardently and passionately.
      So unbelievably wrong.
      But you do demand your own way in a relationship. Try to give in to your partner's needs and desires once in a while.
      Isn't this good advice for anyone? And isn't it the case for everyone?

Mars is in 28 Degrees Pisces.
      Very sensitive and vulnerable, it is difficult for you to assert yourself.
      Depends on the situation. If they're not those whom I consider close friends, or if the balance of power is either close to equal or in my favor, I have no problem with it.
      At times, you feel quite tired and you will require a lot of sleep in order to maintain your health and your strength.
      Not really. I just need an even number of hours, and I'm a night owl.
      You are at your best when you act without your ego being important.
      Thanks to my upbringing, I hate to even discuss myself very much because it might seem too egotistical--I'm so self-effacing that even trying to sell myself at job interviews makes me unconfortable.
      You can be very unselfish and considerate of the needs of others. You get the most satisfaction by giving to others when you expect nothing in return.
      Not quite it. I don't expect anything in return, but it puts me in the positive end, where I'm not the debtor, which is always nice.
      Beware of a tendency to want always to work behind the scenes or to become overly deceptive by doing things behind others' backs.
      What's wrong with working behind the scenes? And if it helps them, what's wrong with doing it without them knowing?

Jupiter is in 09 Degrees Sagittarius.
      You have a very strong sense of ethics and morality. You are widely read and may also be widely traveled because you are sincerely interested in expanding your knowledge of the world about you. At times, you have an annoying tendency to be self-righteous and preachy about your belief system. You are usually quite idealistic and you demand the right to be able to explore the entire world of experiences yourself.
      Yes, well.
      Remember to grant others the similar right -- be tolerant, not dogmatic.
      I'm usually good about this until I get a whiff of someone being dogmatic instead of tolerant. Then again, everyone does this too.

Saturn is in 04 Degrees Scorpio.
      You tend to release emotional energies only very reluctantly. This is partly due to your fear of what horrible calamity might occur should they be released -- your emotions are terribly complicated and intense. Try not to repress these energies entirely, however, or you will succumb to negative and destructive forms of compulsive behavior. Give yourself the freedom to look awkward or silly once in a while. The relief you feel will be quite therapeutic and the embarrassment (whether it is real or imagined) will pass quickly.
      This is true, perhaps.

Uranus is in 08 Degrees Sagittarius.
      You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.
      Yes and no. I favor progress and radical new ideas for testing purposes; where old ideas, traditions, and customs are irrelevant, outmoded, or broken, they must be replaced. But there are also a good many of them that still work, and only if the new ideas are demonstrably superior should they replace the old kind.

Neptune is in 28 Degrees Sagittarius.
      You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."
      I'm comfortable with the "global village", but unless I have a vested interest in it, or unless I don't have to expend much effort into it, humanitarian efforts are not my cup of tea. For instance: I loved cooking food for a homeless shelter while I was in college. I never went to serve the food, because that would put me into contact with those I was helping. It was easier for me to just provide them nourishment from afar.

Pluto is in 29 Degrees Libra.
      For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.
      Well, no ****.

N. Node is in 02 Degrees Cancer.
      You genuinely enjoy meeting other people, but you're at your best if you can do so from the comfort of your own home.
      Uh, no. I like meeting other people, in controlled situations, yes, often when mediated or with the assumption that other people I know will be there. I don't want strangers in my house.
      You prefer others to come to you and tend to feel uncomfortable about leaving your home or neighborhood for any extended period of time.
      Wrong.
      Those who do come in contact with you are struck by your caring and obliging nature -- you really make them feel at home. You form the closest ties, however, with members of your immediate family, especially your parents and children. You're at your best attending or organizing family reunions!
      Attending and organizing them, no.

So, what is the grand total?
      right - 7
      somewhat accurate - 10
      wrong - 16
      too generic - 6

Horoscopes are a bunch of horse****. It's a bunch of wild guesses and handwaving that have no real scientific basis. If you believe in it, more power to you, but there's a reason why I say that Western horoscopes don't apply to me. I'm not sure even Eastern ones do.
      B♭3

Comment

Well I'm a Cancer, ie, I grow on you
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
        X