Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chimps, Obama, the economy, and the New York Post!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimps, Obama, the economy, and the New York Post!!

In this instance, I'm not so sure the cartoon posted in New York Post was a deliberate, racist attack on Obama considering that all of Congress was involved with the writing and negotiating on the economic stimulus package. The linking of economic stimulus passage with a crazed chimpanzee I think was meant to parody the whole Congress deal-making as also being crazy.

But, there is the cartoon that was shown in New York Post. Oh, and in the related article about this, Al Sharpton equated chimpanzees with monkeys. He needs to go back to high school - chimpanzees are apes, not monkeys.
    Attached Files
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Dangerous chimp almost kills woman in Connecticut + infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters + political attack on the stimulus package = not especially funny cartoon

Comment

I didn't find it particularly funny either.

Comment

It's not like Obama even had a part in "writing" the stimulus bill anyway, so the link is tangential at best. It just means that whatever team of underlings did write it were apes. Having to give it that much thought precludes any humor though.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

most of those aren't funny. Don't think they were ever meant to be funny. Kind of reminds me of that Seinfeld episode about the cartoon in the New Yorker that Elaine said wasn't funny, and couldn't figure out the meaning of it. This seems to be my third seinfeld reference in the past week. My life seems to be based on that show it seems.

Comment

When will people learn that referencing current events alone is not enough to make a joke funny.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well, in this case the cartoonist was referencing one current event with another current event, making it double-unfunny.

Comment

So a woman being mauled by a chimp, and his ultimate demise, warranted no thread; it's only your perception of a cartoon that makes the event worthy of note?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It bit off her hands you know. Both of 'em.
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

really? linky

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      So a woman being mauled by a chimp, and his ultimate demise, warranted no thread; it's only your perception of a cartoon that makes the event worthy of note?
                      It's not a story. A woman tried to pretend that an extremely intelligent and dangerous animal was her son, and unfortunate consequences resulted. The headline would read: Humans Still Stupid.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        It's not a story. A woman tried to pretend that an extremely intelligent and dangerous animal was her son, and unfortunate consequences resulted. The headline would read: Humans Still Stupid.
                        The best part was she gave the chimp Xanax. XANAX. For a chimp.

The police say it was not prescribed, as if it was ever in doubt.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Alright, listen up everyone!

I am not the czar of thread creation here on Apolyton so I'm not soley responsbile for creating a thread for every news item or every conceivable topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Yep, sheer stupidity. It was dumb enough alone, to think that she thought it would be safe to have a wild chimpanzee as a "pet."

I don't care how long the chimp has been trained to be in commercials, or how it seemed to have been tamed. Chimpanzees do not have the long history of centuries of controlled breeding and domestication that cats and dogs have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Yes, an agitated chimp stronger than any human begins to feel dizzy and nauseated. Hm, I wonder what's going to happen!

Comment

Working...
                              X