No announcement yet.

New life for anti-war film Pentagon suppressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, Some GIs were against the war there, and blacks were discriminated against in the 60's.
    I didn't realize this before. I thought everyone supported that war and MLK fixed the country and blacks haven't been discriminated since. THIS WILL OPEN MY EYES. Thanks so much for letting us know.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was thinking about your comment on how whites didn't care about Mugabe back when he only killed other blacks.

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
      “FTA” mixes excerpts from the show with interviews of GIs who talk about the government’s deception and the racism and sexism in the military. One Black GI says Black men should be exempt from the war. “The only place a Black man should fight is where he’s being oppressed,” he says. “I’m not being oppressed in Japan, Pakistan or Vietnam.”
      That's fair. In return the only place where a white man should give a **** about freedom is where whites are being oppressed.

Only one thing left to do.

FREE RHODESIA!
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        If it doesn't change anything (anything would include "our understanding"), then what value does it bring?
        Wouldn't we have to watch it first before we can figure that out?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Wouldn't we have to watch it first before we can figure that out?
          Seeing as it stars Fonda and Sutherland, I'd say you're more likely to be enlightened by watching 24 than this film.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If it doesn't change anything (anything would include "our understanding"), then what value does it bring?
            So without seeing the film, you have already presumed that there is no new information in it about anti-war movements, racism, and sexism?

Same goes for Rah with this. In the broader sense this is stuff many of us may already know, but what about the younger generation today? Or those of any generation who are less educated on history?

Even given that we know much of this stuff already on the broader scale, there may still be new information in the specifics.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

When the average age is 19, including the officers, it means the average foot soldier was at best 18.
              No it doesn't.

Did the US really do a good job sending 18 yo kids to war?
              Remember, the average age of US soldiers during WW2 was 26.
              Thats because we had 3-4 times as many people under arms in WWII. The way a draft works is it for the most part focuses on the more fit age groups (younger) before tapping other age groups (older).
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Seeing as it stars Fonda and Sutherland, I'd say you're more likely to be enlightened by watching 24 than this film.
                It stars Jack Bauer's father and you don't think it's worth seeing!?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  So without seeing the film, you have already presumed that there is no new information in it about anti-war movements, racism, and sexism?
                  You have presumed that there is new information?

Even given that we know much of this stuff already on the broader scale, there may still be new information in the specifics.
                  Provide an example for the kind of revelatory information society has not known that will be revealed in this film?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    Same goes for Rah with this. In the broader sense this is stuff many of us may already know, but what about the younger generation today? Or those of any generation who are less educated on history?
                    I guess I'll concede that one. I'm always amazed at how little the younger generation is actually taught. This is best demonstrated when I chat with my daughter, who has basically been a straight 'A' student her entire life.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You have presumed that there is new information?

Provide an example for the kind of revelatory information society has not known that will be revealed in this film?
                      I guess I cannot make any presumptions either.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The presention will be filled with irony and dark humor. Both are refreshing compared to the standard line which is dull and dry as dust. The counterculture was about a lot more than dirty hippies and marijuana. I strongly suspect this film will show some of that tangential reasoning.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                          The counterculture was about a lot more than dirty hippies and marijuana.
                          Blaupanzer is right. There was also tons of sex and oodles of LSD.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X