Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not ordering Domino's pizza anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
    Can somebody please explain the 48' pizza meme? I've seen it here and there on Poly but I'm not sure what it was all about and I can't be arsed to go search for the progenitor thread.

A link to the first relevant explicatory post would be gratefully accepted.
    It's not as exciting as you'd think it might be. Dumb Oerdin made a dumb thread where he dumbly claimed to have ordered a 48" pizza. Other posters called him out on it, even going so far as to apparently call the place he allegedly ordered the pizza from. The end result was that Oerdin said he was playing a joke on all of us, because it's really funny to say you've ordered a 48" pizza when you really haven't...?

Edit: ****, I'm late. Go back to being slow, Poly.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Of course, pizza and penis have the same number of letters...
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
        You didn't know this about them? And why do you order from Domino's, anyway? They kinda suck. I'm sure there are local pizzerias that deliver, taste better, and are cheaper.

And, get this, I'm sure some of them even accept orders online.
        They say ignorance is bliss. In any case, I didn't think of any reason to look into Domino's corporate founding/background. Well now with Domino's my bliss period is over. I like Papa John's better than Domino's anyway, in terms of pizza quality.

If anyone knows of good, locally-owned pizzerias that deliver out to Silver Spring, let me know. I've tried with a couple before, but when I called they said they did not deliver out to my residence area.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yeah, if you have to get delivery pizza from a big chain, Papa John's is the way to go.

Sarpino's in Chicago isn't bad, I dunno if they're in the DC area.
          B♭3

Comment

Of course, pizza and penis have the same number of letters...
            You're saying MrFun wants quality, locally-owned penis delivered to him in Sliver Springs?
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              So he doesn't own it anymore. Who are you trying to hurt by not buying from them?
              When I decide to personally boycott a company I'm not that naive to think that by myself I'm going to bring a company down. But why would I still want to give a bad company any of my own money?

And besides, a new owner or new management does not necessarily mean that the company has changed its fundamental corporate philosophy or policies. If Domino's has flip-flopped from being a religious-right conservative coporation to being a centrist or even liberal corporation with this new ownership, then I won't have a reason to personally boycott Domino's.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                You're saying MrFun wants quality, locally-owned penis delivered to him in Sliver Springs?
                Again, rumors that I'm gay continue to persist here on this forum.

Comment

So you still haven't answered my question?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Boycotting Domino's over this is for amateurs. What you should do is order more Domino's pizzas, with extra pickles.

Comment

Sarpino's in Chicago isn't bad, I dunno if they're in the DC area.
                      There's not a lot of good pizza in the DC area, unfortunately. You just have to get lucky with a local pizzeria. I live a few minutes away from a great Italian place called Zio's. Their pizza is excellent, but they don't deliver, they're more expensive than the chains, and my New Jersey friends say their pizza still has nothing on the local stuff up north.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I did something like that once. There was a girl in college who was trying to get us all to boycott the student center's Taco Bell because they didn't pay the tomato pickers enough.

So, my friend and I told her that we felt bad for those seasonal workers, and the next time we went to Taco Bell (which was almost never), we'd order extra tomatoes so the workers could get paid more.

She reacted like Spec in that thread at first.

Speaking of old threads, White Reeses is Racist?
                        Last edited by Q Classic; February 11, 2009, 16:28. Reason: Found the thread
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                          It was a post by Oerdin about him ordering a 48" you know what.
                          Edit: found it

Edit2: DirtyMartini, **** you!
                          I started reading the thread again for lolz, and apparently, Imran, some images you linked to, they didn't appreciate. Starts on page 4.
                          B♭3

Comment

Darius' call to the pizza place is no longer on YouTube.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              So you still haven't answered my question?
                              You asked who I was trying to hurt by boycotting Domino's and I thought you were insinuating that I was being foolish to think I could hurt Domino's by myself.

So I thought I answered by saying that I'm not naive to think I would be able to affect Domino's on my own. Thus, I'm really not going to be hurting anyone.

Comment

AH, i was more interested in that there is no linkage anymore, so what's the point.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X