Oh, how time changes things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, how time changes things...

I was just lurking the Off-topic archives and I found this.

I decided to read the thread, for ol'times sake and I found some really neat comments I'd like to share with you guys. This was in 2002.

Giancarlo/Fez on gay olympics

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Who gives these people a right to patronize others? I mean gay games? What the heck? I thought there being a gay T.V show was enough... but this.

This whole thing is trying to get them special treatment. We are all humans, and under democracy everyone is equal... but this is beyond equality, this is pathetic. I mean has this particular minority harassed the majority enough already? What makes them so special that they have to be persistent in pushing their ideas onto others? Who gives them a right to start shouting at people who have done nothing to them? I admit, they may not be well-treated by some, but the United States is no apartheid, thusly having no reason to try and make themselves more visible.

I condemn these "gay games" and anybody who supports them.
    Now Asher on gay olympics:

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Gay Olympics?

What a crock.
    Crazy.
    And

I'm having a similar debate with Starchild on ICQ about that right now.

I'm not really one for gay pride parades, and certainly not Gay Games as the Olympics are not discrimantory.

My hope is that eventually sexuality is a non-issue. And one of the routes to making sexuality an issue is by having parades, games, and other events that celebrates how you are different from the rest of society. As long as you keep telling people "Look at me, I'm DIFFERENT! I'm SPECIAL!" -- They'll treat you differently.
    This made me laugh also, but it's only for entertaining purposes.

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Well no one bothered reading my post... and I will make my point more simple: These events will only worsen discrimination.
    Originally posted by Tingkai View Post
    The reason we didn't read your stupid ****ing post is because we know you're nothing but an atavistic little boy with his finger up the butt. Grasp the simple concept that you're an idiot and no one gives a **** about what you think.

Spec.
    Last edited by Spec; February 6, 2009, 02:34.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I thought the regular olympics are gay enough

*hides*
    Blah

Comment

So, what happened to those posters?

Did Asher come out after that, or was he a self-recognized crafty butcher before that?
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Asher has been teh ghey liek forever, but that sounds like it was well before Fez came out.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Asher claimed to be Bi initially (back when he was in highschool). He has also become more in tune with gay culture, I think, as the years have went by.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
            Asher has been teh ghey liek forever, but that sounds like it was well before Fez came out.
            It was actually in that thread that Fez came out.

Though I don't rant about it anymore, I am gay myself... there I admitted it. Anyways, I think these events are trying to gain special rights for gays, but I disagree with special rights. Equal rights needs to be a fact... the only thing special rights do is increase hatred.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My thoughts on the Gay Games still remain. I'm also still not the biggest fan of Pride Parades, though admittedly they can be fun for various reasons.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

GASP! You're the naughty-type person Asher! Who'd thought?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                  So, what happened to those posters?

Did Asher come out after that, or was he a self-recognized crafty butcher before that?
                  I was out then.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    GASP! You're the naughty-type person Asher! Who'd thought?
                    I'd imagine most people here would think that given my frequency of bans.

Comment

Spec: Still interested in gay olympics after seven years.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd imagine most people here would think that given my frequency of bans.
                        You're one bad-ass dude.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Rebel rebel

Comment

And now i wonder what the events would be in gay olympics. Or are they just gonna do the same as in ´heterolympics´ (gosh the idea itself is totally absurd), apart of Pole Vault, i mean?

This is just like social democracy with its liberal origin: The hope to overcome capitalistic production and such can only be argued within the boundaries of the system, so to make this system even undeniably neccessary even to its proclaimed adversaries. In analogy, gay-olypmics is not to help equality and make sexual orientation not matter, but it´s rather to externalize gays from the rest of society, by giving them special treatment. This way, even medals can be differentiated, being either not-gay or gay. Seperation by sexual orientation is just taken to another level and disguised as being pro-gay. Can you hear them say "If you are gay, go start at the gaylympics and not the ´proper´ olympics - thats for ´normals´!", or "So you won a gold medal? I bet it´s a gay one..."? Well, but once its established, it will be very hard, even for homosexuals, to publicly say, that they dont want them, cause then, they´d be anti-gay and back-ass-wards, or even ´reactionary´ on top of that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Spec: Still interested in gay olympics after seven years.

Nah, was just browsing the Archives, that's all. And I am pretty sure Asher was not "out" when this thread was alive. Otherwise, he would'nt have used the terms "they" and "them" to describe himself..

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X