Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the US Government subsidize homeownership even more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It means I wrote something, posted it, and decided it wasn't worth the electrons, so I deleted it
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post

The reason that there isn't enough money for available for investment today is because there was too much money available previously for investment. That is the inherent insanity of capitalism, when it produces too much, the system fumbles (or worse). That is why I'm a communist.
      That is the insanity of yankee central banking, not capitalism per se.
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

That particular instance, yes, but the general point, when capitalism is too productive, that's when it collapses, is the main point.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Capitalism does not collapse, prices do. Capitalism is more than prices.
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Factories close, businesses shut down, the economy contracts, people lose their jobs, homes, and lives. That's a collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
              Factories close, businesses shut down, the economy contracts, people lose their jobs, homes, and lives. That's a collapse.

"Collapse" has a connotation of permanence though.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                I'm not going to put any effort into disproving something as stupid as the idea that S&P, Moody's, and Fitch are owned by MBS originating firms. If you want to keep believing obviously false things, be my guest.
                I believe the conflict of interest he's implying exists, the claimed ownership does not. The ratings agencies were paid by the originators and thus had incentives to give them favourable ratings.

What needs to be revised is the fee-generating mechanism of ratings agencies and their incentive structure. Right now, nothing but their reputation suffers if they screw up, but reputation is in large part relative. If all the major ratings agencies screw up royally simultaneously and in the same way, it doesn't hurt them as much as if one screws up a bit and the others don't.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                X