No announcement yet.

You Be the Arbiter: Whose Sea is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's a bit more troublesome than with the canucks where we exchange whiskey with aquavit on Hans Ø, but I guess that it could be done by exchanging slibovitch and aquavit in buoys while discussing the ownership .
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry for being an interfering English bastard.

Comment

Well, your problem may be that you don't have a national liqour to use in international diplomacy
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Who doesn't have a national liquor? Doesn't everyone?
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
            Who doesn't have a national liquor? Doesn't everyone?
            Well, please tell me what the english is

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's British, so we can provide whisky for the world's drinking pleasure.

Besides, what's the US national liquor, given that whisky has already been taken?

Comment

Nah, there are Scotch and Irish whiskey, but not English whiskey. The yanks, well, they have bourbon

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Which is just whisky.

Anyway, what is the Danes' contribution to the world of liquor? Before I bring in perry and cider, I'd just like to check that you don't have a pastis up your sleeve.

Furthermore, I don't want to defend England - I'm a European first, and a Briton second.

Comment

I can't argue any point here since I'm certainly no expert on neither Croatia and Slovenia nor any international laws of the seas. But I'm thinking about how many other Western nations with a coastline can't access international waters without passing through another nation's territory. Unable to think of all that many, but then I can't rule out it might just be a lack of imagination...

Comment

Aquavit. Our old renegade provinces called Norway and Sweden also produces this, but the real stuff is from Denmark.

Oh, btw, I may do a bit of mornington cresent in this thread

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think we've threadjacked enough here already.

Comment

We could each ship a bottle of Perrier to Slovenia as relief aid. That's international water to most of us here. I mean, you have to start somewhere.

Comment

Petition the EU to pay a one time fee to the folks being asked to give up territory to create a new international waterway (as has already been sugessted), and everybody wins.

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I like my idea better. It would also benefit the Postal Service.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx View Post
                                Petition the EU to pay a one time fee to the folks being asked to give up territory to create a new international waterway (as has already been sugessted), and everybody wins.

-=Vel=-
                                Except every country of the EU who already have established sea zones. Which would be, ooh - almost all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X