Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stimulus has passed. We are all Ricardian now.

Comment

• Don't you mean Keynesian?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
        We shouldn't be wasting all this money on an ineffective stimulus when we're going to need trillions to clean up the real problem in the financial sector, through nationalization if need be.
        Think the GOP would prefer nationalizing the banking sector?

The stimulus has passed. We are all Ricardian now.
        I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this. If you mean we all expect big cuts/tax increases in the future, I'm not really seeing it. I see a default as more likely than the govt. running a surplus 14% of GDP. Most likely outcome is that we'll keep financing the debt and never really pay it down.

Fun quote from critics from that article saying economists don't support the bill:

I would have rather had a lot of money for (promoting purchase of) housing and autos . . .
        I don't trust people like that to understand how stimulus works. Funding things that create jobs is stimulus even if you don't agree with what those people end up doing. Paying someone who would end up being unemployed otherwise is the best way to prop up spending, followed by paying poor people, followed by paying middle class people...
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

• So if it's worse than a Recession, but not quite a Depression, does that make it a Re-pression? Help, Help, I'm being economically repressed!

Comment

• These 36 seconds sum it up nicely in an almost surrealistic fashion:

Last edited by Darius871; February 13, 2009, 21:14.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Long version (for any fellow masochists):

Unbelievable!

Comment

• Think the GOP would prefer nationalizing the banking sector?

Who cares what the GOP thinks? I just want someone to do the right thing for the U.S. economy. Don't have much faith that this will happen based on what we got for a stimulus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                  These 36 seconds sum it up nicely in an almost surrealistic fashion:

americans = 0wned

how many billion dollars is it, again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                    These 36 seconds sum it up nicely in an almost surrealistic fashion:

Offhand, I'd say 787 Billion...
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Got on board a westbound seven-eighty-seven...
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Think the GOP would prefer nationalizing the banking sector?

Who cares what the GOP thinks? I just want someone to do the right thing for the U.S. economy. Don't have much faith that this will happen based on what we got for a stimulus.
                        I'm thinking Geithner wasn't such a good choice

Also, I've been reading William Buiter's blog lately: http://blogs.ft.com/maverecon/ It's pretty good.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Arithmetic is hard.

It apparently is for the Obama Administration.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...e_add_up_.html
                          Problems with Obama's propaganda don't mitigate your personal deficiencies.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

• I need to stop reading the WSJ. It's too depressing.

Last edited by Naked Gents Rut; February 14, 2009, 16:43.

Comment

• LOL, Worldnetdaily is just priceless:

Federal Obligations to Exceed World GDP
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Nationalize the Banks!

Comment

Working...
                                X