Are prank tampons feasible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are prank tampons feasible?

You know those party-poppers where you pull the string, it sets off a tiny gunpowder charge and BANG! a bunch of confetti flies out the other end? Does anyone know if you could implant a similar device (sans confetti) in a feminine hygiene device? Just imagine: a woman goes into the bathroom to remove it, tugs on the string and BANG! she nearly has a cardiac arrest as everybody within a hundred feet turns and says "WTF?"

You see, never having been a woman myself, I don't know how firmly the things become lodged in there. It takes a considerable tug to set off a cracker, and if the tampon slides right out it won't go off and the joke is ruined. If so, perhaps a different noisemaking device could be implanted instead, like one of those toddler's animal sound toys. Actually, that might be even funnier, if you pull on the string and a friendly voice proclaims, "A cow says 'MOO!'" Probably safer, too, what with the lack of gunpowder. Also full of humor potential IMO: slide whistles or some sort of ingenious miniature whoopie cushion.

Not that I plan to actually make or distribute such things; I'm just wondering if they're possible.

EDIT: Actually, the gunpowder charge one is definitely a bad idea. It just occurred to me that the detonation would probably cause the thing to explode. But other, safer noisemaking devices are still on the table. It's just a matter of whether they could be miniaturized enough and still make a sufficiently loud noise.
    Last edited by Elok; January 25, 2009, 19:44. Reason: Stupidity
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Elok, this is a childish thought.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

...says the man who wishes he'd thought of it first.
      1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        You know those party-poppers where you pull the string, it sets off a tiny gunpowder charge and BANG! a bunch of confetti flies out the other end? Does anyone know if you could implant a similar device (sans confetti) in a feminine hygiene device? Just imagine: a woman goes into the bathroom to remove it, tugs on the string and BANG! she nearly has a cardiac arrest as everybody within a hundred feet turns and says "WTF?"

You see, never having been a woman myself, I don't know how firmly the things become lodged in there. It takes a considerable tug to set off a cracker, and if the tampon slides right out it won't go off and the joke is ruined. If so, perhaps a different noisemaking device could be implanted instead, like one of those toddler's animal sound toys. Actually, that might be even funnier, if you pull on the string and a friendly voice proclaims, "A cow says 'MOO!'" Probably safer, too, what with the lack of gunpowder. Also full of humor potential IMO: slide whistles or some sort of ingenious miniature whoopie cushion.

Not that I plan to actually make or distribute such things; I'm just wondering if they're possible.

EDIT: Actually, the gunpowder charge one is definitely a bad idea. It just occurred to me that the detonation would probably cause the thing to explode. But other, safer noisemaking devices are still on the table. It's just a matter of whether they could be miniaturized enough and still make a sufficiently loud noise.
        Just accept your a lousy lay and quit trying to get back at her....
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think you risk health problems, even without the gunpowder. Tampons are actually occasionally fatal (TSS). I wouldn't want to take that sort of risk for a prank. But, I'm not Howie Mandel, either.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah, one case of TSS and you get sued up the ass. If you sell enough of them though, some classic Pinto math might show it profitable in the long run.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

I doubt women would like the idea of inserting explosives inte their bodily cavities
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

This is pretty cool though. It attaches itself to penii and doesn't afraid of anything.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

That is amazing.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes, but the thought that it could help the woman escape might be a bit much. It might even encourage the rapist to harm his victim in retaliation.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, the link is to a 2005 article and I've never heard of this before, so it's probably safe to say that the idea didn't catch on.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Oh, I've heard of it before, though not of any widespread use. But then, I haven't exactly been following the rape-prevention-device news. Also I don't live in South Africa, and the rape rate here in the US probably isn't high enough to warrant wearing such a device frequently.
                        1011 1100

Comment

One, I assume you have to be able to take it out, so rapists could just check prior to insertion. It could be like the chinese finger trap.
                          Two, I would worry about a woman getting even with a boyfriend for some imagined or real transgression.
                          Three, I pity the fool that shows up at the hospital with one stuck to his tongue.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Three, I pity the fool that shows up at the hospital with one stuck to his tongue.
                            LOL, comic gold! You're one sick puppy, rah.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                              This is pretty cool though. It attaches itself to penii and doesn't afraid of anything.
                              Reminds me of a device in a Timothy Leary novel I read long ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X