No announcement yet.

I'm on the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it was my thread, I can threadjack as I like.

I'm really getting into working out more than I thought. I used to get bored after a month or two, but I'm still going. And yes you know I'm getting really serious if I'm quitting beer drinking. Can't believe I'm doing that! I just hope I don't become obsessed with body image or working out.

80 grams!!!! I'm not sure how much I get at work. But I figure I was only getting maybe 60 to 70 before. But I have no idea how much I get at work. I pile on alot of protein rich food (and have eliminated desserts yay- I did have pudding today, but that has some nutrional value and protein). I had alot of bbq beef on my plate, just no idea how much protein that was. The stuff at home I can measure ore accurately due to container info.

anyways .5 times my weight would be 80. (79 to be exact). .7 seems almost impossible to me without gaining some serious fat (from excess calories). That would be over 100g's.

Comment

I don't see what body weight has to do with protein intake... seems to me that should only be relevant if you're talking muscle mass. Dis is fat mass, as he's said repeatedly
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I tend to exagerrate how much fat I have. I don't have much. Just a beer gut I'd like to get off. What can I say, I want 6 pack abs. Don't think I'll be able to attain that. even if I lose the fat, my skin will be too loose I think for 6 pack abs.

Comment

I am a vegetarian and can consume over 100g without too much work. Whey powder is nice though. You just have to know what are the foods with lots of protein in them.

Actually, eating protein rich foods is one of the main ways to put on muscle mass. Muscle mass is best to put on when you are 10-15% BF though (I am a bit over that and have been for a couple years , I use to be over 20% though).

Foods I eat:
          Whey
          Eggs
          Nuts (& Peanut butter)
          Protein fortified pasta/etc
          Yogurt
          Tofu
          Beans

All of those are more then 20% protein. If you have a 2500 calorie diet (a good idea if you are working out 3 times a week) 100 grams is 400 calories of protein which is less than 20% of a 2500 calorie diet. So it actually isn't that bad as long as you don't eat a lot of protein-less calories.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
          X