No announcement yet.

This Manufacturing Plant Is Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloww, if all else fails, consider suckling at the Federal teat in your area; they're hiring people for the 2010 census beginning next month. Their page won't say what precisely the pay is, but it's supposedly "quite attractive," comes with paid training and mostly involves driving around knocking on doors to confirm that the government's address lists aren't out of date.

It's what I'm doing...going in for testing next Wednesday.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I thought Sloww was a bounty hunter
        Monkey!!!

Comment

They call them "planners" in Texas. So Chuck Norris doesn't feel threatened.

Comment

I looked that up, Elok. I think I may pursue it. Keep the wolf away from the door for a while.
            Thanks.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

did you hear me Gamesleaguer? I am at a plant?

Comment

I guess I missed that, TCO. How is it going there?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Slowwy, consider the military option if you want to stay at a plant. All non-military manufacturing will be done out of country with the exception of larger items like cars.

Hell I thought furniture was safe because of the size, nope; met a guy on the plane to China that was in the business; said 80-90% now comes from China.

Luckily I support design and manufacturing, so they keep me around.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

North Carolina was the hot spot for furniture. Pretty much all gone.

Comment

Man Sloww, I'm sorry to hear it...I know the DFW area has a bunch of defense contractors there, have you looked at any of them?

Besides Lockheed and Bell in Fort Worth(just off the top of my head), you got a bunch of Raytheon plants in Austin making stuff that goes boom, as well as another large Bell plant in Amarillo.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Sorry to hear it, and good luck Sloww, and to anyone else out in the cold. I've been there.

Comment

Working...
                        X