No announcement yet.

Man gets neck snapped at Bon Jovi concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice try, but you cannot recover from mentioning Pearl Jam in comparison to Bon Jovi. I am still projectile vomiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
      Nice try, but you cannot recover from mentioning Pearl Jam in comparison to Bon Jovi. I am still projectile vomiting.
      It's still a far better band.

Bon Jovi makes me cringe. Especially their latest ****. They're rivalling Nickelback and the Jonas Brothers in terms of formulaic songwriting right now.

Feast on this, Wiggy. Suck it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And U2 is just doing wonderfully now too.

THEY CALLED A CD HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB

JESUS :MAD: :MAD: :PISSOEDOF:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          And U2 is just doing wonderfully now too.
          "All that you can't leave behind" is a terrific album.
          "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" is medicore but infinitely better than geriatric-teen-angst like the latest Bon Jovi. I think Sum41 is writing their new ****.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Bon Jovi has never been the equal of U2. Bon Jovi had 2 albums that were particularly good, "Crush" and " Slippery When Wet", the rest were mediocre.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Who the **** listens to new Bon Jovi? As far as I'm concerned, the whole band died after Young Guns 2 hit the theaters.

Comment

Wait, they made a sequel?

Wait, they made a Young Guns?
                Unbelievable!

Comment

No one is claiming the new Bon Jovi is any good. This thread is about 1980, Bon Jovi vs 2007 U2, and Asher claiming that How to Dismantle a Nuke with 10 ****ty songs is somehow better than LIVIN ON A PRAYER. The song practically ended the cold war along with the automobile and the airlifts. It's about providing hope to a useless generation of worthless poor people like no other song.

Comment

It's about providing hope to a useless generation of worthless poor people like no other song.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Bon Jovi has never been the equal of U2. Bon Jovi had 2 albums that were particularly good, "Crush" and " Slippery When Wet", the rest were mediocre.
                      "New Jersey" was pretty good.

But "Crush"?

As said, new Bon Jovi sucks. 80s Bon Jovi was awesome.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This is a great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          "New Jersey" was pretty good.

But "Crush"?

As said, new Bon Jovi sucks. 80s Bon Jovi was awesome.

Where do you get off on this? The ballad (Do you want to) Make a Memory makes me cry each time I should happen to hear it on my radio, and it puts Asher's claims of weak lyricism to bed within seconds, as Bon Jovi's husky intonations at the very beginning of the song powerfully connect with the listener even in the absence of the band's traditionally overpowering guitar riffs. "Lost Highway" definitively shows that this is a band that can transcend genres, from rock to country and back, even unplugged. 4/5 stars, far more than a pretentious piece of ass band with an inept bassist that somehow thinks it can bring about world peace and disable nuclear arsenals simply by screaming YAHHHWEHH and YAH YAH YAH UNO DOS TRECE CATORCE VERTIGO HERROW HERRO and selling custom branded iPods
                          Last edited by Wiglaf; January 9, 2009, 14:47.

Comment

After reading Imran's reply, and noting his head shake, I looked at a couple of review sites. They both agreed with me exactly. www.artistdirect.com and www.allmusic.com
                            It's a matter of opinion, of which none should induce a head shake.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Some mod has committed high treason and has REMOVED MY FOOD AND DRINKS TAG FROM THIS THREAD.

Comment

Bon Jovi lost his voice a few years ago, he begun to smoke as an adult, quite late, after his thirties, and because of that he no longer can hit high notes.
                                I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X