Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are cucumbers so cheap?

?

Products aimed at women are normally cheaper than those aimed at men, because women go through far more of them and they need to be affordable. Men will spend more, but expect the product they buy to last longer.

However, the reverse is true if the product is intended for men to buy for women. In that case the price has to be significantly higher than otherwise would be warranted even if the product is of shoddy quality. Men do not want to be seen as being cheap when they make a purchase for a lady.

The answer would thus be that cucumber growers should market their veggies to men as desirable gifts for women. This single action could revitalise the consumer economy and prevent the onset of another depression.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

They are being marketed to women as an alternative to abstinence.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Because of where they've been.

edit: bah, jrabbit beat me to it. Anyway, why isn't AC already in on a thread with such limitless possibilities as this?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I tried to warm it up for her.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I like uncut cucumbers, is that wrong?
            "

Comment

You walk with the angels, EPW.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                They are being marketed to women as an alternative to abstinence.
                glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Comment

Is there even any other use for those damned things? People don't actually eat them, do they?
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

sure they do. those are the things in salads right? I usually put one slice in my salad at work.

Comment

Why? They're just a clump of indigestible cellulose, devoid of nutritional value...
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Pickles are actually cucumbers with flavoring.

Comment

they have no nutrional value? maybe I'll stop eating them. I always figure anything green had nutrional value.

Comment

They are crunchy, though

I do like a cucumber in my salad.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ming is a jerk [/subliminal]

Comment

Working...
                              X