No announcement yet.

The movie thread, vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" this week. Both are fantastic movies. Both involve a bit of fantasy (Slumdog has far less, but its there). I think I'd say Button was the better film, but either would be a worthy Best Picture winner.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just watched "Bad Taste" again over the weekend. Very funny!

They renamed the sequel though. When I was in the UK it was called "Braindead". Here they called it "Dead Alive" or something.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Ali, check out post #26

Watched again "Crimes and Misdemeanors" a couple of days ago. Great movie!

Saw "Gallipoli" last night, with a young Mel Gibson. Pretty good movie, even though the ending is pretty abrupt.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Oh, cool! So that's how they did it.

They must have had split-second timing to stop one section and start another. But it makes sense - it's probably easier and cheaper to put that sort of good timing in place than it would be to do it any other way.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
            Saw "Gallipoli" last night, with a young Mel Gibson. Pretty good movie, even though the ending is pretty abrupt.
            One of my all-time faves; being Australian 'n all. It should be mandatory viewing in Australia - too many young Ozzies imagine Gallipoli as some sort of Australian triumph, a cause for celebration, when it is in fact a cause for deep mourning and sombre reflection on the need to ever, ever go to war. The screenplay brings that out very well.

I also love the Oxygene soundtrack - who would have thought electronic music would marry so well with a WWI movie?

Comment

- I just finished season 1 of Dexter and started season 2. Pretty good, IMO.

- Thank you for smoking. Very good movie!

- Also, I just saw an interesting little movie called "The Man from Earth".

The film tells a story of John Oldman, a man claiming to be a Cro-Magnon caveman, who still survives after 14,000 years. The entire film is shot in a small house and its porch, relying solely on the conversation of the characters to keep the plot moving: the film is an intellectual discourse between the 14,000-year-old Cro-Magnon and his professor and teacher friends at his farewell party.
              Last edited by Nostromo; February 19, 2009, 21:49.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Yesterday I saw Oliver Stone's "W". Found it rather bad.
                sadly, he can't seem to make movies anymore. Not sure what happened to him. I think some directors have their ego's get in the way.

Comment

Working...
                X