The movie thread, vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The movie thread, vol. 2

I saw the Golden Compass. Boring, IMO. Maybe the kids liked it, I don't know. And the ending is abrupt, to say the least. Someone should have told them that talking polar bears are lame.

I also saw Cloverfield. A pretty good movie, IMO.

I'm also about to finish Foyle's War. A great british series. I highly recommend it.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

I'm going to see "Valkyrie".
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Golden Compass was kinda cute, I liked it. And the ending was abrupt because it's the first part of a trilogy
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Saw The X Files: I Want to Believe. Meh.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Cloverdale was good, just too short to be called a movie.

Watched Dark Knight last night and I liked it.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Watched Hot Fuzz on Netflix. It was hilarious!
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Holly mother of God. I just saw Blade Runner (Final Cut) on Blu-ray. ****ing amazing!
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Australia, mediocre, very long (didnt understand why it didnt end 40 mins before)

Quantum of Solace: interesting attempt at bringing more character to bond. i didnt remember what had happened in the last movie with vesper though and couldnt get into the story much
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                  Australia, mediocre, very long (didnt understand why it didnt end 40 mins before)
                  Because they tried to make it epic, like Far and Away. But they failed. Far too much music, fading in and out and trying to be deep.

The two main actors saved the movie for what its worth, other than that, the movie failed.
                  be free

Comment

it had a cute singing boy with his magic gandpa though

Comment

I watched Serenity and the TV series it was based on, Firefly. Decent enough science fiction and some good acting, though I wouldn't call it one of my favorites.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Over Christmas I watched Hot Fuzz (good), Dark Knight (good), Hell Boy 2 (bad), and Rush Hour (good). This is far more movies then I normally watch btw.

I also watched the Read or Die OAVs which were good.

JM
                        (Hot secret agent extreme book lover? Great idea!)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Fassbinder, Beware of the Holly Whore (good). Maria Schygulla is particularly sexy, in slutty kind of way.

Comment

The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum. Very good!

Comment

Burn After Reading: fell asleep somewhere in the middle

Gran Torino: Excellent

Comment

Working...
                              X