Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Words that Suck Thread

Webinar
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Words that suck in Meetings...

Repurposing
    Paradigms
    Empowerment
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

wavefunction.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

And some phrases along the same line:

"best practices"
        "low-hanging fruit"
        "knock that out"
        "take this off-line"
        "touch base"
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          And some phrases along the same line:
          OHHHHHHH SOOOOOOO true...

Blue sky thinking
          Pushing the envelope
          Golden thread of connectivity
          Moving the goal posts

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

And it's even worse when some damn fool spends way too much time writing a memo...

Attention team! This message is to outline the action plan for discussion at the end of the day. The bandwidth of this discussion is to be short and sweet with no bells and whistles. After all, we are the best of the breed and we have had the best practice. I don’t want to see any blame-storming during this meeting either; it needs to be all blue sky thinking. Anything else will lead to us getting caught in the eddies. There will be many new challenges but a champion will emerge. If we have to change management it will be done by COB based on our competencies. If you can not handle that, we will deal that up.

I would like to see some of our deliverables for downsizing, even if we have not drilled that down yet. We will have an empowering empowerment before we get too engaged in the issues, and then we will execute. Everyone will get face time to facilitate their focused issues. I would like everyone to be goal-oriented going forward down the golden thread of connectivity.

I may need a heads up regarding the helicopter view issues at the high levels. Everyone is going to have an impact. Many new initiatives will come out of this, along with the ability to integrate. In the run up, I will be investigating in the investigatory issues. So lets veer away from the job jar. I would like to see knowledge transfer of lessons learned, as well as a leveraging capability. We will be mapping metrics for the mission, as well as dealing with mission critical issues moving forward. I want to see us moving the goal posts and multitasking. The next steps will be taken offline and off the shelf. We will be on the ground and on the same page. Remember, I have an open door policy. I want to have good optics and not be out of the loop on anything. Think out of the box. If we are outsourcing, make sure we have ownership. No more parking lot issues or passing the baton on the path forward. Performance measurements will be pinged and placed on a pedestal. I want to be proactive not post mortem in our processes. I want to see pushing the envelope and pulling the trigger - not just putting out fires. Keep an eye on the radar screen for the red herring trying to make a report card and repurposing our goals. We need to be right sizing when the rubber hits the road. It should be seamless. If not, we will need a sense check on our skill sets, or maybe a skills transfer before we socialize the issue. Our solutions should be on a song sheet and our strategies should be synergistic.

And remember: before tasking, check the temperature gauge at the ten thousand foot level. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. If not, your tools should be at the top of your mind. Please touch base before transitioning so that it is transparent.

In conclusion, we should all have the warm and fuzzies, because this is a win-win-win world class group.
            ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
            Just shoot em
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

De-emphasize
              What?

Comment

phrases I hate:

it is what it is
                same difference
                Japher sucks

words I hate:
                just
                lets
                (^those 2, when they start a sentence never make a nice sentence)
                synergy
                facetious
                tote
                depends
                never
                auspicious
                legality
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Irregardless. My boss uses this all the time.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

It's not even a word
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

We all know.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Irregardless, it's still annoying.

Comment

Ming's memo can't be for real.

Then again, just as soon as you say something like that, a memo just like it winds up in your email.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Impactful.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

profound - it's like no one knows what this word means, that's so profound.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X