Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're not getting it

Originally posted by Darius871
    I wouldn't leave out the possibility that he's suffered from some degree of stress-induced dementia or even Alzheimer's in the past few years, however, and he's never been particularly articulate.
    it's an act.

he plays dumb on TV so people feel comfortable with him. intelligent people are scary and have weird ideas. it's in your national culture; only villains are very intelligent, heroes are common folks' with extraordinary moral character. karl rove has done plenty of research on this.

bush can have an intellectual sort of debate seriously and is pretty good at it, he used to run circles around his opponent in press-sponsored debates when he was running for congress in the 1970s and he used straight-forward, intelligent lines of reasoning when debating against the incumbent D. gov of texas in 90s. the "dumbya"-mode they put on during the primary season of 2000 elections is nothing but a crude charicature carefully designed to maximize voter sympathy. you have to give credit to karl rove, even oliver stone still uses this fictional charicature as portrayal of reality in his biographical film about W.
    Last edited by RGBVideo; December 12, 2008, 04:19.

Comment

I have no problem with that theory. It makes one wonder how smarty-pants Obama won so handily, however.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

How can an intelligent person act like a dumbass 24/7 for many many years.

I don't buy it.
        be free

Comment

I have no problem with that theory. It makes one wonder how smarty-pants Obama won so handily, however.
          obama is smart? says who?

Originally posted by FrostyBoy

I don't buy it.
          it takes a very smart person to properly act like a dumbass

Comment

You don't become the head of Harvard law review by being a dumb ass. Only a smart cookie gets that job.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

He apparently graduated in Law from Harvard in the top 10%.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                You don't become the head of Harvard law review by being a dumb ass. Only a smart cookie gets that job.
                ...and at the same time I bet you're one of those people who thinks Clarence Thomas would still be in a tin shack if it weren't for Yale Law School's affirmative action dragging him along...
                Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Note I only said "smarty-pants." He seems to be feigning in the opposite direction, and yet it got him even more votes.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

...and at the same time I bet you're one of those people who thinks Clarence Thomas would still be in a tin shack if it weren't for Yale Law School's affirmative action dragging him along...
                    No. I'm not a fan of affirmative action but I don't recall making any sort of comment even remotely similar.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: it's a good theory, but you weren't the first one to come up with it

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      When Bush's approval rating was at 26%, I commented that 1 out of 4 Americans thought Bush was doing a good job--and who the heck could they possibly be?! I wish I could remember the Polytubber who responded: "Democrats."
                      I'm pretty sure that'd be me.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't buy it.
                        LOL It's easier than for a dumbass to act like an intelligent 24/7 for many many years.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

There should be a new law: Must have an IQ of above average or higher in order to run for president. I'm serious.
                          Above average or higher is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X