No announcement yet.

Classical music thread for TCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it's a Coldplay song, it's a piano version of alternative rock.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Coldplay is okay sometimes, but Pandora plays it way too much for my tastes. I don't exactly know which of my artists it considers Coldplayesque (Sting??? He's the closest I can think of ...) but either way, way too much playing for me.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Three favourites-

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

RVW's The Lark Ascending, set to images of the English countryside.Apologies for poor video quality; the clips used were all I could find for free. Yes, I'm ...

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

My favorite female mad scene has always been Lady Macbeth's sleepwalking scene in Verdi's opera. Particularly with Shirley Verrett singing it.

Male mad scene goes to Boris Godunov's Clock Scene, no contest.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            Famous examples

Wagner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKL5E3zSjs

He clearly stole this from like, a million movies!
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You'd be surprised at how often one hears something like that not in jest...

Although, I remember in college I had someone state that she refused to listen to Wagner because he wrote his music to be played in the Nazi concentration camps. I didn't know where to start with that one, and settled on the fact that Wagner died before Hitler was born.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

From Holst's The Planets, I like Mars slightly better than Jupiter.

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  You'd be surprised at how often one hears something like that not in jest...

Although, I remember in college I had someone state that she refused to listen to Wagner because he wrote his music to be played in the Nazi concentration camps. I didn't know where to start with that one, and settled on the fact that Wagner died before Hitler was born.
                  I read a short story recently (by an opera fan, of course) about time travel, where a time traveler went back to Wagner and showed him what his music would lead to, and asked him to please not make music. He was sympathetic but decided that he would make the music anyway, because he had a responsibility to the music, and not for the consequences.

Interesting dilemma, though, isn't it?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What did his music "lead" to?

Surely this story didn't suggest that Wagner's music caused the Holocaust?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                    X