Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Canadian University Political Correctness Run Amok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize United States allows for the use of untested blood.
    They don't. He is trolling, because he is too smart to be that obtuse.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Since I know you will demand the quote

I was commenting on this:

Originally posted by Patroklos

If you think it is stupid for people to have to lie about or unwanting declare why they can't give blood, thats your perogative. What it actually does is keep people form being peer pressured to donate AND the samples then having to be tested (expensively) to be discovered unusable.
      Upon rereading and your subsequent posts I understand you now. All blood is tested and the tests on blood already deemed "unsuitable" will drive the cost up. I thought you were implying only some blood had to undergo expensive testing...

That said, the point raised by Asher(?) seems about right. Isn't it also wasteful to draw the blood in the first place?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

They don't. He is trolling, because he is too smart to be that obtuse.
        Hey! Play nice. I was neither trolling nor being obtuse. I just plain misunderstood you.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That said, the point raised by Asher(?) seems about right. Isn't it also wasteful to draw the blood in the first place?
            Oh, I see Asher's point. I don't really have any problem with turning people away at the door, but I can see why some might so I don't consider the exercise in letting everyone donate to be useless. I suppose it is where you ascribe more value.

Hey! Play nice. I was neither trolling nor being obtuse. I just plain misunderstood you.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yes, that is a good thing.

Btw, as a side note (and so I can offer something to the discussion)...

One of the problems of our Red Cross was their use of blood obtained from US inmates. Poorly tested blood products from these donations went to hemophiliacs in Canada and caused serious harm to many.

Comment

I was under the impression that in normal circumstances blood supplies were national. You learn something new every day.

Comment

I imagine most are as whole blood has a limited shelf life. Blood byproducts however can last much longer. I imagine (I am obviously no expert in the field) this was why hemophiliacs were hit particularly hard.

Here's a link to the Cdn "tainted blood scandal" if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X