• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatever happened to 200/barrel oil?

We are back to 50 from 150.

Sellers started selling it for less then 150 dollars a barrel

Comment

Your hedge funds failed to hold up their end of the price.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Speaking for Dallas, people discovered mass transit, specifically the rail system. Even with the drop in gas prices, occupancy remains high. I think oil suppliers shot themselves in the foot.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ha!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Speaking for Dallas, people discovered mass transit, specifically the rail system. Even with the drop in gas prices, occupancy remains high. I think oil suppliers shot themselves in the foot.
            I noticed the trains here are less crowded now.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm really quite upset about this business, by the way.

Word is some of the gold may have to be removed from the pavement to continue funding day centres for poodles in Montreal.

We feel a bit like divorced husbands, as we'll be expected to continue to keep our *****es in the style to which they are accustomed despite the losses we experience to our birthright.

The encouraging news is it seems Islamists are not buying Obama as anything new or different, so maybe we can look forward to the USMC visting more oil producing countries sometime soon. This keeps our spirits up.
              Last edited by notyoueither; November 26, 2008, 01:55.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The silver lining of the recession. Gas is down to $1.79 by me. I don't expect it to last, but it's nice for the moment.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

$1.56 here, I'm rushing out to buy a Hummer. It's so cheap that I sometimes spray gas all over the pump when I'm done, just for fun!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

"Jitter Bug!"
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I wonder how long it will be until the "peak oil" crowd comes into fashion again.

Vintage clothing is great, but... polyester?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

A couple of years?

Comment

Re: whatever happened to 200/barrel oil?

Originally posted by TCO
                          We are back to 50 from 150.
                          World wide recessions have a way of bringing down commodity prices.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Doncha know--

Just as the increase in oil was engineered by the oil suppliers to gouge the world and profit off the backs of the workers so this rapid decrease is being totally engineered by those same monopolistic cartels to crush new exploration and alternative fuels so that more profits can be taken

The funny part is that some people believe this-- totally ignoring the fact that at least the capitalistic oil companies would LOVE a moderately stable oil price (probably in the 70s or 80s) which would be profitable and still allow some development of some of the higher cost projects AND would not in and of itself fuel so much inflation as to be a factor in slowing growth. I suspect the mideast states would like some stability too
                            Last edited by Flubber; November 26, 2008, 12:22.
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

We could still get $200 a barrel oil next year. The Treasury and the Fed may have just enough oomph left for one more commodity spike.
                              VANGUARD

Comment

Working...
                              X