Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!

When I came back from Germany it was snowing a bit, but that was fake snow, the one that turns into slush.
    But today when I left work, it was snowing with big white flakes, and when I exited the subway, it was everywhere, a blanket of snow, crunching like lactofermented cabbage under my feet.
    Now I'm home, and it turned the usually orange tinted evening violet.

What's the weather like at your place?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

~45 degress F, raining. It's been colder lately (mostly 30s), but a warm front came through with the rain.

Hopefully we will get snow soon.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      ~45 degress F, raining. It's been colder lately (mostly 30s), but a warm front came through with the rain.

Hopefully we will get snow soon.

-Arrian
      God, how I hate Fahrenheit and his scale...
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

God, how I hate Fahrenheit and his scale...
        QFT

First snow of the year in Quebec City: around 10cm on ground, -5celcius, no wind and the Africans at the university are going to go crazy.
        bleh

Comment

Nice, it's only -4. We got a bit of snow a few weeks ago, but it's mostly gone. Last year we had snow by the middle of October and it stayed
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

It's sunny and 80 degrees F (26.7 degrees C) here.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Same here
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Skies were blue this morning, but a thin veil of clouds has already drawn across them, and it's only 10:30. Tonight, heavy rains are supposed to begin, dropping 3 inches of rain in the next three days.

Those folks on our fire-ravaged hillsides are going to be mudslided away.

Comment

We had a beautiful snow cover for two days as well in Belgium
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Sunny and around 40F. in Chicago today. We had a light dusting last night.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Perfect day today

It rained hard last week, washing all the pollution out of the air. Then today, we're having unseasonably warm weather. Mid-70's. Skies are crystal blue. What a day!

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS

QFT

First snow of the year in Quebec City: around 10cm on ground, -5celcius, no wind and the Africans at the university are going to go crazy.
                        I've always wondered - do they prefer to be called African-Canadians or somesuch up there? Or does it depend on whether they like hockey?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

mid 50's F, windier (30-40 mph) afternoon

Nice but could be warmer
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

I've always wondered - do they prefer to be called African-Canadians or somesuch up there? Or does it depend on whether they like hockey?
                            To answer your question - yes (but it has a different meaning here)

The African-Canadian population is made up of individuals from a range of places across the globe including the United States, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, and Canada.

On topic -

We've already had several snow storms here. The first was before Thanksgiving (mid-October).
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

-1 C. it snowed a bit here last night. my dad got his car stuck so i drove him to work then came home and got his car out of a snow bank. he doesn't feel like getting snow tires.

snow

Comment

Working...
                              X