No announcement yet.

Headhunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst many headhunters are undoubtably dickheads, the rational behind it is that in some cases, the best person for a job is not necessarily looking for one.

I work with people whose job includes headhunting headteachers for schools, and when this entails driving up the quality of education and the future prospects for kids, it's not a bad thing. Some of the best heads might otherwise stay in one place for a very long time, but once they have set up a good infrastructure in one school, that school can continue to benefit once they have gone, allowing another to benefit from their leadership qualities.

Comment

I hope you had your hammer with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Depends on the times and the industry of your expertise.
        No, it doesn't. It's SOP across all industries and during all times for headhunters to suck the dicks of candidates up until they get turned down for the job for which they were recruited, and thereafter treat the candidates like dirt. This is particularly the case for commission-based recruiters. The reason for this may be discerned from the opening post of this thread.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          Whilst many headhunters are undoubtably dickheads, the rational behind it is that in some cases, the best person for a job is not necessarily looking for one.

I work with people whose job includes headhunting headteachers for schools, and when this entails driving up the quality of education and the future prospects for kids, it's not a bad thing. Some of the best heads might otherwise stay in one place for a very long time, but once they have set up a good infrastructure in one school, that school can continue to benefit once they have gone, allowing another to benefit from their leadership qualities.
          I would never argue that there is no reason to use headhunters, absolutely. You're quite correct in their utility. That's not the issue.

The issue is that the vast majority of headhunters are useless sacks of crap. I was fortunate in that the firm I worked for was a retainer-based one and not commission-based, so the headhunters there were salaried and (usually) not the soulless morons found throughout the field.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Even if they're retainer-based, they're still graded on performance. (filling positions) So while they may be a touch less slimey, they still ooze.
            Which is a shame, because in the early days of the industry, it was all high end jobs so the headhunters walked on eggshells not to piss anybody off figuring it would hurt their business in the long run if possible candidates talked among themselves.

Now they're all jerks.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog

How large is her collection, and what drying/curing method does she use?
              Yes, I'm interested, too.

My collection lies at a paltry 230, I think the curing method is obvious...

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnO, are you the one in the pink number or the whale outfit?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Her clients or her candidates? There's a difference.
                  Candidates, and occasionally the clients.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    ...Now they're all jerks.
                    Except Theben's mom.

Comment

Working...
                    X