Clear All

• Headhunters

Stupid.

Discuss.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Headhunters are stupid!
    bleh

Comment

Strange. I think I heard somebody else talking about this.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
        Headhunters are stupid!
        Correct.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          Strange. I think I heard somebody else talking about this.
          The thread idea came to me in a dream.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Wetdream

Edit: god that I can be stupid...
            bleh

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
              Wetdream

Edit: god that I can be stupid...
              Don't blame god, humanity has to take all the credit for stupidity.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

What a terrific idea for a thread!

I got my first call from a headhunter today. He apparently told the receptionist that he was Reginald from IBM. I was taken aback by that, as I did work for IBM at one point but I don't recall a Reginald. So by the time I was put on the line from him, he informed me his named was Dan from (redacted), which is to say he was not Reginald from IBM. Who the **** lies about their first name? And why REGINALD? Further, lying about your name AND your company is just sleazy.

He told me that he'd heard a lot about me, blah blah blah, and he had a terrific career opportunity that'd put me on the "fast track to the top" for a company out of some hick town called "Chicago" (I think my swipe at Chicago is why my thread was deleted and not locked, BTW -- evil mods) doing software architecture.

I could smell a load of bull****, and I was very much put off by his sleaziness, and I have no desire whatsoever to move to Chicago or virtually any American city. So I told him I was not interested, and additionally that it was a terrible idea to make a first impression by blatantly lying about every single detail to the receptionist -- how could I trust someone like that? So I told him not to call me again and hung up on him.

It was then that I realized -- headhunters are the telemarketers of the HR world. And I'm on someone's rolodex.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe that proves that you're only good enough to get calls from the dumb headhunters.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    Maybe that proves that you're only good enough to get calls from the dumb headhunters.
                    Perhaps.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Perhaps.
                      No, I'm kidding, all headhunters are indeed stupid.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

No, I'm kidding, all headhunters are indeed stupid.
                        Whew!

Comment

But not all are as unethical as the one who called you. The firm I worked for had strict rules about that.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Ethics have not existed in Canada since teh gays started marrying.

Were you a headhunter?

Comment

Headhunters are good for the ego and nothing else. But still, it's something, especially in this job market. I always liked knowing there was demand for my skills.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X