Which is worse: herpes or pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is worse: herpes or pregnancy?

So I met up with a girlfriend from long ago and we're catching up on all the other lasses we went to school with in England.

She mentioned that one of the people I knew vaguely know had a lot of drama in her life. This poor thing may have herpes and may be pregnant, all by the same guy.

That got me thinking on the utterly inappropriate and largely unsympathetic line of: which is worse? Pregnancy or herpes?

And I didn't really have an answer to that. They're both bad, or can be in the wrong circumstances, but it's hard to say which is actually worse.

Herpes won't kill anybody (or usually doesn't) but it is forever, like the best of diamonds.

Abortion is by definition temporary, but it always ends up in the death of a fetus.

I mused this to my friend and she pushed her Schwarzwäldenkirchtorte away from her and said it really wasn't improving her appetite. When pressed for an answer, she paid and made her exit.

So now I guess I have to ask Poly.

For my money, I'd say herpes is slightly worse. You have more options with pregnancy - you can keep the baby and raise it, or put it up for adoption, or have an abortion. But with herpes, you're kinda done.
    Herpes
    0%
    Pregnancy
    0%
    A banana, infected with herpes, that made you pregnant
    0%
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Pregnancies last as long as you want them to (up to a maximum of 9 months). Herpes is forever. So duh.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Damnit. You made that point in your post.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So we are in accordance, comrade. HIGH FIVE!
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Abortion isn't that expensive

Herpes is impossible to cure, unless we invent a way to regenerate nerve cells

otoh, worst is being such a stupid slut that you let yourself to be knocked up by a loser with herpes...

Comment

People willingly (not always) choose to get pregnant.

Has anyone willing chose to get herpes?
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              otoh, worst is being such a stupid slut that you let yourself to be knocked up by a loser with herpes...
              I AM NOT A LOSER.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wrong account?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ouch.
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Wrong account?

I wish.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Anyhow, doesn't he use
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A lot of them.

I will now look at that as the herpes smilie. It sort of suits.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Are you drinking, Ali?
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I changed my vote cuz while herpes is bad, getting knocked up and having herpes is much worse. Especially space herpes.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Herpes is worse you can't pass on the pregnancy to anyone else you shag.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X