No announcement yet.

Fox sez 92% of Americans believe in 'a' God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love the mental image of an unkempt fizicks PhD student drinking scotch out of a paper cup in his underwear while playing Eve and misspelling his name on every forum in every post.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So you have met my ex-roommate (modulo the scotch)
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"Some deistic entity associated with no religion" is a long way from what the Fox folks mean when they say "God" with or without the article "a god." Many of us might agree we believe in the item in quotes, but we have little in common with Christians who want the Federal Government to put a stop to "sinning" nationwide.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

No no no, they believe in "A god" as opposed to "B god," His bargain-basement alternative. While A god is ultimately a better deal (the Trinity gives you three for the price of one), He is also rather high-maintenance and not for the dabbler. For those with busy schedules the pantheon offers B god (as seen in the Jefferson bible!), a generic dispenser of vapid platitudes who can be kept in a closet most of the time and usually forgotten even in emergencies. You don't have to capitalize B god's pronouns either. He'd probably have a lot more followers if he were better known and there weren't such a stigma attached in circles where he is known. I understand he's the deity of choice in Europe.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Only 92%? On Fox, I would have figured they'd say something like 110% of Real Americans believe in God.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
            X