How do you like your eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your eggs?

Enough about pizza, let's talk about eggs. I've noticed many people, including me, have very peculiar egg-eating habits. Let's talk about them.

1. Boiled eggs.
    I don't like soft-boiled eggs. Their runny whites remin me of snot. Yuck.
    I also don't like hard-boiled eggs. They are too dry to be eaten if they're not a part of some salad.
    I prefer my whites to be hard and my yolks to be soft. Is there a special name for such eggs? I don't eat eggs in hotels, because they never serve such eggs, only completely runny or completely hard.
    But that's not all. I only eat boiled eggs with a piece of rye bread sprinkled with salt.

2. Fried eggs.
    Here in Russia we always fry eggs sunny side up. However, I hate that thin hard crust that forms on the fried side. I cannot stand it. I scrape the egg till only the crust remains on the plate. Any woman who can fry eggs without making this crust is welcome to be my wfe.

3. Scrambled eggs.
    I like them, especially if they have something extra in them. Bacon and cheese scramble is good (especially with some hot sauce), but there are two scrambles I especially like:

3a. Turkish tomato scramble.
    Peel a couple of tomatoes, chop them finely and mix with salt and black pepper. Fry this mixture in the pan for a couple of minutes with olive oil, then add your eggs and start scrambling.
    This scramble should be juicy, so don't try to evaporate the tomato juice.

3b. onodera's scramble.
    Pick a loaf of sourdough rye bread (Borodinsky is the one I use), and cut two full slices per person. Crush some garlic and rub it in the slices with a wee bit of salt.
    Fry the slices in olive oil (you don't need a lot of it) until the crust starts to form on one side, then flip them and add your eggs. And the remainder of your salt and start scrambling. Stop as soon as the whites are set.
    The bread slices will have softened and absorbed some of the yolk and olive oil, and will have an aroma that will commandeer your digestive tract, making you empty your plate in mere minutes.

So, how do you like your eggs?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

On the walls of Russian embassy
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

In cake, tiropita or other baked products. By themselves, I think they're rather nasty.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You can avoid the crust if you use oil instead of butter.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Over easy but once in a while a soft boiled egg is nice.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

1) OVER EASY

2) HARD BOILED

3) IN OMELLETE
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I like them hard boiled, scrambled or fried. Definitely not on my face.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                I like them hard boiled, scrambled or fried. Definitely not on my face.
                Q F T

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  1) OVER EASY

2) HARD BOILED

3) IN OMELLETE
                  This man knows how to eat eggs
                  I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Over easy.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I make my eggs aspire to omelettehood.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Omelettes are good but they don't leave any juice for toast dipping.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                          Omelettes are good but they don't leave any juice for toast dipping.
                          Correct, I tend to make homefried potatoes and fried onions with English Muffins when making ham and cheese omellettes

Comment

Well there's your problem. You need someone else to prepare your eggs for you.

Comment

Scrambled with fried diced potatoes, onions, sausage and cheese mixture; wrapped in a medium sized flour tortilla. Add salsa to taste.
                              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X