Obama's cabinet choices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap
    I don't see why Hillary would want as Cabinet seat. She gets more exposure as a NY Senator.

Personally, I would keep Gates at Defense, but I doubt Obama will do so.
    He can hardly run against Bush's defense plan and then renominate Bush's defense secretary, regardless of whether this one is actually competent...

Richardson for State would be clever, assuming he'd accept it. Wonder what Biden would think about that ... he'd be setting Richardson up to run for president in 2016 after all, and I have no idea if Biden thinks he can run in 2016 or not.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Richardson for State would be clever, assuming he'd accept it.

a) Not that clever. People have been saying this for months
      b) He'd take it. He's a true believer in the power of good government to help people, not just to keep getting himself elected
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Biden would be 74 in 2008.

I truly doubt that he thinks it's a big possibility.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The frontrunners for State appear to be Kerry and Richardson. I'm really not a fan of Richardson, so I'm hoping it's Kerry.

Gates at Defense is definitely a possibility for some interim period. Obama is looking for credibility from the brass, and Gates buys him that. So does, i.e. Hagel or Lugar.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Kucinich for State, McCain for Defense.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wesley Clark for Defense.
                Schwarzenegger for Energy Czar.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

seriously - Obama should bring Arnie into the administration... this would be "reaching out" and as it looks like Arnie has more in common with him than with regular Republicans on most counts...
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Plus he said that he wanted to pump up Obama. They can go to the White House gym together.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

OFITG,

I was serious about Arnie. He has good ideas about the environment and alternative energy.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                        seriously - Obama should bring Arnie into the administration... this would be "reaching out" and as it looks like Arnie has more in common with him than with regular Republicans on most counts...
                        No he shouldn't.

Arnie has star power, but other than that, he's totally ineffectual.

Comment

Working...
                        X