No announcement yet.

Disfranchisement and intimidation tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agathon, your suggestions make no logical sense or provide any useful guidance. You are clearly capable of both.

So, if you start with a person that wants to choose sensibly within the perameters of the choices his system gives him, how is Rah's method unacceptable. No human can be trusted to be completely neutral in the political arena, so he needs to apply his critical faculties to the input of several individuals in apparent positions to know. It helps if these folks also have a track record with you so you know how reliable they are. No?
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
      And is therefore more objective than your thread.
      I never said I was aiming for objectivity.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        I'm puzzled

They were debates in almost the same sense that the WWE is "fighting".
        I agree the "debates" weren't just boring but they were also so heavily scripted and full of disinformation (if not out right lies) that they actually made people less informed. Lincoln-Douglas they were not.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why in the name of God can't we ever have a decently well run national election in this country? The exceptionally high turn out has been predicted at least a year in advance yet district after district was to cheap to pay for an adiquet number of polling stations and/or have polling machines which don't work.

We need a Federal law requiring states, counties, and cities to maintain a certain minimum standards to prevent 10 hour long lines of people trying to vote. If we have to then tie highway and education fund to complying with the legislation. If you don't follow the Federal election guidelines then you can pay for your own schools and bridges then maybe the lazy state and local bastards might actually give a **** about fully funding election equipment. It would also be a good idea to make election day a national holiday so people don't all try to go on their lunch break and are forced to leave without voting if the lines are longer then one hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Why in the name of God can't we ever have a decently well run nation
            Well, if you keep repeating the first, you probably can't get the second
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It was nice to see the expat voters in the UK and really across the EU have been given greatly improved voting opportunities. MSNBC is reporting record turn out at the official polling station in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  "Disciple of Daley"? OBama was 14 and lived in Hawaii when Daley died in 1976.

Richard Michael Daley... His son.

He was elected mayor in 1989 and still runs the city and the democratic machine in Chicago. One of the longest serving big city mayors in the country. You should be rolling your eyes... about your own lack of knowledge
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

Strange - the gets fewer
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You messed up the pattern
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Well, not being a yankie, I think that I have the rigth to do such

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You even spelled Yankee wrong

You be messing up our election!!

Comment

Working...
                                X