Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Obama wins, that's democracy at work. If McCain wins, the fix is in, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer

I can blow that right out of the water Zkrib. They called me.
    They likely tracked you down based on voter registration and electoral records.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
      If internal polls weren't more accurate than public polls, campaigns wouldn't spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" conducting them.
      I wasn't saying a single campaign spent that much, I was talking about in total.

Why is it that campaigns often release dueling internal polling, showing conflicting results? That doesn't speak to their being any more accurate than aggregate of public polling.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

All campaigns since the beginning of time added together have not spent hundreds of millions on internal polling.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

They likely tracked you down based on voter registration and electoral records.
          I think it was random. They asked for the youngest registered voter in the home. Well I'm 50 but Dolores wasn't home sooo...

They got lucky.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            The youth turnout has been relatively low in the states where they have held early voting
            But hasn't there been an significant increase in Youth absentee voting, as many young people study in other states?
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Maybe if you include Pepsi vs Coke and X beer vs Y beer polls you could get to that number...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                Maybe if you include Pepsi vs Coke and X beer vs Y beer polls you could get to that number...
                And Dunkin' Donuts' new poll that says they're preferred to Starbucks' coffee in a blind taste test.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

What about people who can see?
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    All campaigns since the beginning of time added together have not spent hundreds of millions on internal polling.
                    I would have to challenge you on this. Given the sheer number of campaigns waged over the past, say, 10 years-- Presidents, Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors, State offices, State legislatures, etc., occuring on some level every year, it would easily add up to that.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I would have to challenge you on this. Given the sheer number of campaigns waged over the past, say, 10 years-- Presidents, Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors, State offices, State legislatures, etc., occuring on some level every year, it would easily add up to that.
                      Not all of those do internal polls.

Internal polling is a fairly small expenditure of campaigns. A couple of percent at most.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Don't more repugs have unlisted #s though? So they can't be polled, right?
                        That won't stop a random number generator.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm not a racist Boris, nor am I a complete idiot.
                          Wrong on both counts!
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                            Wrong on both counts!
                            He's technically correct when he said "I'm not a racist Boris," because his name is not Boris, so he certainly can't be a racist Boris.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                                So? They still use polling, and there's no evidence that internal polling is any more or less accurate than the widely-available polls.
                                Every campaign guy I have spoken too SAYS that internal polling is significantly more accurate than public news polls.
                                As for the error comesin, (and oviously there is a lot, just by comapring the large variance in polls measring the same thing) is the weighing of the sample. A poll does not publish the average of all its results. It filters them first by camparing the demogrphics of the sample with the PREDICTED demographics of the turnout. Eg, every poll you see published of O vs M is modified by the polster's prediction of how many 20-25 years left handed urban Circassain professionals, etc, are going to vote. EG if the % of x responding to their poll does match the % of x that their predict to be voting, they adjust the weight of the x response in their poll. So if their prediction of x voting is incorrect, their poll is incorrect. The predictions come from other data in the polls and other polls and a lot of guesswork.
                                Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; November 2, 2008, 16:36.
                                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                                X