Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Obama wins, that's democracy at work. If McCain wins, the fix is in, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So if Obama wins, that's democracy at work. If McCain wins, the fix is in, right?

Originally posted by Lancer
    A thread for the logic of the left.
    Like I said earlier I am no McCain supporter but you crystallized my thoughts exactly.

What's even worse is, let's say the undecideds and Barr supporters all go McCain and there is a"Bradley effect" in addition and McCain does somehow win this; What would be the aftermath? I don't think we are at the point where we would have riots or anything but I am pretty sure something would happen.

Comment

I agree Sloww. There's some lefties that assume the election is fixed if it doesn't come out like the polls predict. That's as bogus as the polls.
      If polling was crap, campaigns wouldn't spend hundreds of millions of dollars conducting them.

The problem is some people don't understand how polls work and statistics, so they assume if they aren't being polled, it means pollsters aren't getting an accurate picture.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Riots in the cities, for certain. Chicago, Detroit and LA go nuts.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If polling was crap, campaigns wouldn't spend hundreds of millions of dollars conducting them.
          Campaigns don't use publicly-released polling.

They also don't spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" on their internals.

Comment

Riots in the cities, for certain. Chicago, Detroit and LA go nuts.
            Yeah, 'cause dem darkies jes can' control demselves.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

We'll see what happens with the poll on Tuesday shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                So? They still use polling, and there's no evidence that internal polling is any more or less accurate than the widely-available polls.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Yeah, 'cause dem darkies jes can' control demselves.
                  I'm not a racist Boris, nor am I a complete idiot. Well not complete. Lets just see what happens in those cities when McCain wins.

Comment

They still use polling, and there's no evidence that internal polling is any more or less accurate than the widely-available polls.
                    If internal polls weren't more accurate than public polls, campaigns wouldn't spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" conducting them.

Comment

nor am I a complete idiot.
                      Are you sure? Look at your sig
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I assume this is true based on the wealthier a person is the less time they have for dealing with the rifraf. (us)
                        That might be true for say the top 95th percentile, which:

a) Means that their numbers are too small to swing any election based on their actual votes (as opposed to contributions)

b) Most people currently in that demographic are actually Democrats. Maybe in the top 99th percentile Republicans dominate, but most "rich" people (lets say making over $150,000 a year) are college educated, and have some graduate degree, and Democrats have a bigger share of this group; you know, the dreaded "Elites".
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They also don't spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" on their internals.
                          Yah. A single poll generally costs a few thousand dollars to carry out. Designing a poll's methodology costs a bit more, but you only pay it one time.

I have noticed that the McCain campaign has now resorted to lying about what their internals show (or is lying to themselves about it). You know a campaign's reached the end of its rope when it does that.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I might be wrong about that assumption anyway GePap. I'm not rich, have an unlisted #, and got polled the other day. So likely I'm wrong about that.

Comment

If internal polls weren't more accurate than public polls, campaigns wouldn't spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" conducting them.
                              Internals are generally no better than public polls. The reason campaigns use them is because there are not always public polls measuring what they want to measure.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

Are you sure? Look at your sig

Game set and match.

Comment

Working...