Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Bush steal the election his time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since he didn't win the first time he can have another term. thats how he'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      Interesting that the overseas vote is 6-1 in Obama's favor.
      I'd love to examine the methodology of your source on that. Sounds more like expatriates and State Dept. employees than any viable cross-section of deployed military, especially considering the latter are pretty tough to cold-call.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
        It doesn't surprise me that there is strong support for McCain in the military since he was a military man himself. Still, the poll is also from early August. Wasn't McCain neck and neck with Obama at that point?
        He was neck-and-neck then and is now 3-10% behind. Subtract 3-10 of McCain's points in the MT poll to Obama, and he'd still be losing in it. Even if the MT poll would hypothetically be neck-and-neck if taken today, that would still disprove Seedle's purely anecdotal point.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I like the idea. Every country has the leadership it deserves, especially USA who votes for it. So why not a third term?
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

I'd love to examine the methodology of your source on that. Sounds more like expatriates and State Dept. employees than any viable cross-section of deployed military, especially considering the latter are pretty tough to cold-call.
            Probably. The Military Times poll wasn't terribly scientific (issues with the sample). I doubt that it's off by much, though. The military tends to be strongly Republican. I think that's misguided, but it is what it is.

It's natural that if you are someone who has really bought into the mission (leaving aside exactly what the mission is at this point) and have risked your life to carry it out that one might react to any criticism of the mission with hostility. If you think it was a good call and are dedicated to winning (again, leaving aside what "winning" means), hearing someone describe it as "a stupid war" might piss you off, whereas someone repeating his committment to "victory" might give you the warm fuzzies (especially if he has the ability to distance himself from the mistakes in execution that were made - and McCain can).

Having read the article Seedle posted, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the author voted McCain (which is to say that poll data showing a 3-1 advantage to McCain =! the military loves Bush. Yes, I know this logic means McCain =! Bush). The author of that article is pissed b/c he doesn't think the civilian USA "bought in" to the Iraq war. I think he's right. Further, I think he's got a point about a discussion of the draft forcing serious debate over our interventionist foreign policy.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Karl Rove has successfully stolen the last two elections for Bush. Although Bush isn't running, Rove now works for McCain. Don't be surprised if this election too falls into serious legal disputes about ballot-handling. However, a landslide would end that disruption and maybe let us get beyond slanderous politics. Okay, okay, but one can hope.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                Rove now works for McCain.
                Since when?
                Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

Since when?

Mehlman, Rove boost McCain campaign
                  By: David Paul Kuhn
                  March 8, 2008 11:33 AM EST
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've read that before, but I fail to see how "a private conversation" and a third party's report of subsequent "informal advising" mean he "works" for McCain. BP was trying to analogize with his role under Bush, which doesn't jive with the facts.

I find it funny that BP blames Rove for ballot mishandling too, as if he had that kind of clout. The guy's just a poll-analysis geek, not some all-powerful mastermind. That's Cheney's job.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

British Petroleum shouldn't be ****ing with US politics.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

bastard limeys
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

I already posted how: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=181298
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

I seriously doubt a coup would work. Don't you need the military on your side? I don't think the military would go for it,
                            That's why they're stuck in the Middle East, and Blackwater and DynCorp are back here at home
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                              Karl Rove has successfully stolen the last two elections for Bush. Although Bush isn't running, Rove now works for McCain. ...

I've heard absentee-balloters in Florida are receiving phone calls from people offering to take their ballots to the polls.

Comment

In Broward County, the part for which you are registered is printed on your absentee ballot.

People have been getting fake mail in ballots from the McCain campaign.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X