I Went To Buy A Shotgun Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Went To Buy A Shotgun Today

According to the Walmart web site, this Walmart sold them. Here's the conversational exchange between a clerk there and myself.

Sloww: Do you sell shotguns here?
    Clerk: Yes, they're over there (and he points).

I start to take a step in that direction, and he says...

Clerk: But we don't have any.
    Sloww: They're over there, but you don't have any?
    Clerk: Yes.
    Sloww: Yes, what?
    Clerk: Excuse me. Yes, sir.

I can only look at him for a few seconds. I find it odd.

Sloww: Ok, then. I appreciate all that good information.

I turn away, and a customer standing behind me is grinning and stifling a laugh.

Customer: I've never heard a conversation like that one.
    Sloww: I hope I never have another one like it.

I had been having doubts if I really wanted to buy the shotgun, but this odd clerk convinced me of the need.

Do you find it odd?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Get an attack dog, they are much warmer to sleep with at night and don't need any oiling!

That sounded bad.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes, it did.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Get a fully automatic AR-15. I never leave home without it!

Comment

I assume that you had your 45 handgun in your pocket - why didn't you use it aganist that obvious obnoxious clerk ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He wasn't, well, he wasn't what I would call a Native Texan. I don't want to pursue it, because I'm fairly sure if I make any further elaboration, someone will twist it.

Comment

"Since you don't have any, but they're over there, could you grab one and bring it over so that it's not here instead? I'd like to not take a look at it."

That was your move, Sloww...
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

According to the Walmart web site, this Walmart sold them. Here's the conversational exchange between a clerk there and myself.

Sloww: Do you sell shotguns here?
                Clerk: Yes, they're over there (and he points).

I start to take a step in that direction, and he says...

Clerk: But we don't have any.
                Sloww: They're over there, but you don't have any?
                Clerk: Yes.
                Sloww: Yes, what?
                Clerk: Excuse me. Yes, sir.

I can only look at him for a few seconds. I find it odd.

Sloww: Ok, then. I appreciate all that good information.

I turn away, and a customer standing behind me is grinning and stifling a laugh.

Customer: I've never heard a conversation like that one.
                Sloww: I hope I never have another one like it.

I had been having doubts if I really wanted to buy the shotgun, but this odd clerk convinced me of the need.

Do you find it odd?

This is highly amusing. Tomorrow, please go buy something else and post about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  He wasn't, well, he wasn't what I would call a Native Texan. I don't want to pursue it, because I'm fairly sure if I make any further elaboration, someone will twist it.
                  Oh come on, out with it!
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

I don't think the clerk was telling you the truth. Not only did they not have any shotguns 'over there', I'll bet they didn't have shotguns all over the store. And probably no shotguns in the back either.

Geez, when you can't trust Wal-Mart, who can you trust? If I were you, I'd take a shotgun to 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                      "Since you don't have any, but they're over there, could you grab one and bring it over so that it's not here instead? I'd like to not take a look at it."

That was your move, Sloww...
                      I wish I had thought of that. Rufus, that was exactly what I needed to say.

Zk, you're probably right, too. I bet they didn't have them anywhere.

And finally to Darius. I was just saying, it wasn't some kid with a pierced eyeball or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        I don't think the clerk was telling you the truth. Not only did they not have any shotguns 'over there', I'll bet they didn't have shotguns all over the store. And probably no shotguns in the back either.

Geez, when you can't trust Wal-Mart, who can you trust? If I were you, I'd take a shotgun to 'em.
                        I more likely explanation is that they had plenty of shotguns, but the clerk took one look at Sloww and said, "this is a man I do not want having a shotgun."

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          That's an excellent idea. Then Sloww would be able to buy it.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I went somewhere else. Not to a place that majorly sells Made in China.

Comment

But you went to Walmart first. Why the problem with China now?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X