Are African Americans doomed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious

The strange thing is a lot of my black friends actually consider me black.
    As a cultural term? And then you wonder why there are people who don't consider Obama black...
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

The real question is not when will the US have a black president but when it will have a Geek for president.

We are the ultimate oppressed minority!
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

As a cultural term? And then you wonder why there are people who don't consider Obama black...
        Oh dear. It's hard to explain to you. You would have to spend sometime over here in this country, and around black people here.

When black people trust you it means that they consider you one of them.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

When black people trust you it means that they consider you one of them.
          Don't listen to him Hera. There's still a difference between "being trusted by blacks" and "being black."

Seriously Kid, I dare you to go up to your black "friends" and ask them if they consider your lily-white ass "black," as opposed to just being an unusually "real" white guy. If they call you black I'll kiss your bare ass on main street at noon.

Unbelievable!

Comment

I think it would be a bad thing for any race to be associated with Kidicious. Kid, your views are bizarre and, for the most part, extremely retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

Don't listen to him Hera. There's still a difference between "being trusted by blacks" and "being black."

Seriously Kid, I dare you to go up to your black "friends" and ask them if they consider your lily-white ass "black," as opposed to just being an unusually "real" white guy. If they call you black I'll kiss your bare ass on main street at noon.

When they talk in reference to me they do so as if I'm black. The've specifically excluded me from white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                The real question is not when will the US have a black president but when it will have a Geek for president.

We are the ultimate oppressed minority!
                What about Carter?

Comment

Kid was a tabula rasa before he went through your educational system.

Every age has people like him, in the middle ages they were praising inquisition.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                      I think it would be a bad thing for any race to be associated with Kidicious. Kid, your views are bizarre and, for the most part, extremely retarded.
                      Yes, they are bizarre for a place like this where most people are nerdy white males. If you heard some of the beliefs that my black friends had you wouldn't think my beliefs were that bizarre. Although they consider me one of them, I'll still never actually be black, as I was raised by white people and I have different experiences.

Comment

When they talk in reference to me they do so as if I'm black. The've specifically excluded me from white people.
                        What the hell does "as if I'm black" even mean? Slang, intonation, and other speech patterns only indicate their trust and acceptance of you, not necessarily that you're "considered black." Similarly, "excluding from white people" does not automatically imply "considering black"; it makes more sense to suppose you're considered an exceptionally "real" white person, or perhaps in some sort of interstitial limbo. Again, I'll kiss your bare ass if you can get any black acquaintance to say aloud that he/she considers you "black." Hell, I'll give you a gobknobble the day you get that aloud on tape.

Even something less strong like "one of us" would be pretty surprising, but at least believable, since "us" would likely mean the multi-racial category stomped on by "the man" moreso than "blacks."

Last edited by Darius871; October 25, 2008, 12:33.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Yes, they are bizarre for a place like this where most people are nerdy white males. If you heard some of the beliefs that my black friends had you wouldn't think my beliefs were that bizarre. Although they consider me one of them, I'll still never actually be black, as I was raised by white people and I have different experiences.
                          I don't for a second believe you have any friends, no less black friends.

Comment

This is how I imagine Kid:

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                              What the hell does "as if I'm black" even mean? Slang, intonation, and other speech patterns only indicate their trust and acceptance of you, not necessarily that you're "considered black." Similarly, "excluding from white people" does not automatically imply "considering black"; it makes more sense to suppose you're considered an exceptionally "real" white person, or perhaps in some sort of interstitial limbo. Again, I'll kiss your bare ass if you can get any black acquaintance to say aloud that he/she considers you "black." Hell, I'll give you a gobknobble the day you get that aloud on tape.

Black people (cultural) believe that society is divided into blacks and whites. That's probably hard for a person like you to understand because many white people don't see society like that. I'm saying that black people see me as a black person in this way, not that my skin is actually black.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                                This is how I imagine Kid:

Actually I'm picturing something more like "gimme a pound dawg" than high-fives. High-fives are so white...
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X