Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAHA! John McCain's brother calls 911 to complain about traffic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles

This from a Texan.

If I recall correctly, Ms Obama is a lawyer. WTF are you?
    Not a communist wannabe who wants all he can get for as little effort as possible.

Guy, my point was simply this, Obama had to gag his wife to keep her from saying offensive things.
    He's a candidate and his street is blockaded. Residents don't even have ease of passage. McCain's brother isn't running, but where he lives his flooded with traffic.
    I merely asked, why should he not be upset? If that's signs of a stroke to you, maybe you're in the wrong profession.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, have you ever called 911 for a traffic report?

If so, I'd suggest you seek help.

And:
      Obama had to gag his wife to keep her from saying offensive things.

What the hell are you talking about?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Calling 911 for non-emergency purposes isn't just dickish behavior, it's also a crime.

Joe McCain stepped down from his brother's campaign today, btw.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I considered the statement that this was the first time in her life that she was proud of her country to be offensive. Obama recognized that wasn't proper. I guess he's one up on some of you.

As far as your suggestion on seeking help, I've learned to not take advice from you. All is well, if it's someone else, seems to be your thought.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I considered the statement that this was the first time in her life that she was proud of her country to be offensive. Obama recognized that wasn't proper. I guess he's one up on some of you.
            Funny that Obama hasn't taken Michelle off the campaign trail since that comment, nor in any way stopped her from speaking her mind. So I fail to see how that's an example of "gagging" her.

As far as your suggestion on seeking help, I've learned to not take advice from you.
            More's the pity for you.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not a communist wannabe who wants all he can get for as little effort as possible.
              Uhh, who doesn't? And you do realize getting as much result as possible with as little work as possible is pretty much the definition of efficiency? So the attitude you just derided is actually critical for progress to occur.
              You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Is it just me or has Sloww gotten more and more incoherent?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

Uhh, who doesn't? And you do realize getting as much result as possible with as little work as possible is pretty much the definition of efficiency? So the attitude you just derided is actually critical for progress to occur.
                  QFT
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Seedle, you've kind of bastardized the observation. We're not talking efficiency, we're talking a welfare state of mind.

Imran, I've already told you that what you say is what I've come to expect, which is not much.

Comment

Enough with the personal stuff folks...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Seedle, you've kind of bastardized the observation. We're not talking efficiency, we're talking a welfare state of mind.
                        Regardless of the terms that you want to use to describe communism, it you get more and work less that's efficient.

Comment

No, it doesn't. If it did, why has it failed at every opportunity?

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the efficacy of communism vs. capitalism, because I'm not educated enough to do so, but I do have to comments on things I hear right-wingers say about left-wingers.

The first is that they think communists are universally lazy. And it is undeniable that there are indeed lazy people who describe themselves as communists. But communism, as I understand it, isn't about getting something for nothing, it's about your labor making yourself money, not some stockholder. Now, once again, I'm not saying that communism in reality or theory is actually better at ensuring an appropriate quality of life given a given amount of labor, I am saying that some of its proponents believe that workers would have a better quality of life for the work they do under communism.

The second thing that right-wingers do that drives me nuts is claim that anyone who complains is a lazy, selfish whiner. When someone says "I shouldn't have to this.' they often really mean "No one should have to do this." Granted, they should be more careful when they speak, but they aren't granting themselves special privileges in their mind. They just think something is inefficient/non-productive, and don't see the point in continuing to do it.

I'd continue, but I'm off topic enough as is...
                            You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

No, it doesn't. If it did, why has it failed at every opportunity?
                              It hasn't failed because it reduced work, but because it increased it. The USSR for example worked people very hard in order to build up it's military.

Comment

American politics + american "journalism" almost beat The spanish inquisition (MP style).

:Popcorn:
                                Last edited by BlackCat; October 25, 2008, 13:21.
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X