Nice to see everyone is alive and well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see everyone is alive and well

I posted here in the site's early days, over 10 years ago from the beginning of 98 to maybe 2000 or so, returning briefly a couple years later. It was a lot of fun. Nice to see that many of the same names from a decade ago are still here. I'm not returning, just wanted to say hi.

Even among the shadows of this present senility, I remember you Bob.

You should come back! Why not?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Shows how old we've all gotten. I hardly identify with Bob Dornan's politics now.

Maybe I'll post occasionally but I'm not opinionated enough to contribute anything like a decade ago. Old age, in some cases, leads to political apathy.

How are/were my favorite european left leaning boys? Monk, stefu, dominikos, redjon, etc. must be middle aged by now though.

Comment

Old? I'm only 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dornan
          Shows how old we've all gotten. I hardly identify with Bob Dornan's politics now.

Maybe I'll post occasionally but I'm not opinionated enough to contribute anything like a decade ago. Old age, in some cases, leads to political apathy.
          You would be a welcome addition to those of us who only give a **** because its more fun than not.

Comment

Yes, well I'd very much like to hear from the lads who used to post here, yourself included (As I do vaguely remember you as well) but also those I used to have heated conversations with and want to punch walls because of.

Comment

B1 Bob
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oh. Sorry, they're all buried out back.

Comment

This name just isn't fitting anymore. I'd take Obama over Dornan at this point.

Comment

I remember your name.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dornan
                      This name just isn't fitting anymore. I'd take Obama over Dornan at this point.
                      You can change your name in the 'Site Feedback and News' forum. The top forum on the list, God only knows why. There's a thread there for that sort of thing. Oh wait, you have to ask a mod. PM one for a name change. Really I don't know, I've never changed mine.

Comment

don't change the name, I remember you too, and IIRC you were quite pro Iraq liberation etc...

in any case - what's the point - this is your identity here, it has history so - welcome back Bob, and keep the name, hope you find this place interesting enough again to prolong the stay
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Yes, name changing is so...'90s.

Comment

You could go back to History 049. Although I think someone made a DL and pretended to be you.

I remember you, obviously. Don't worry about political apathy. Most of us have given up pounding our heads against the wall trying to make points against people we'll never meet and will unlikely sway with arguing points.

Very rarely will someone raise an issue that causes real debate.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm not changing my name, mainly because I'm not staying here long or being a regular poster. Iraq Liberation did work at least, 5 years later we find that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X