No announcement yet.

McCain W I N S!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, stealing an election or two in Chicago compared to stealing the Presidency. I guess it's all even in the end.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The GOP called Force Field Forever on that one. Same way Clinton did with that one thing.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

fff?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
          Yeah, stealing an election or two in Chicago compared to stealing the Presidency. I guess it's all even in the end.
          Like the Dems ONLY steal in Chicago... and ONLY an election or two...

People who think the other side is worse are the ones that need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Both sides cheat. And both are equally as bad.
          We need to stop it on both side of the table... not just point fingers at the other party and "claim" they cheat better and need to be stopped while their own party continues to do exactly the same thing.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Vote locally, cheat globally!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

*cough*

And the fact that takes only three states is to me exactly why it'd be so easy to get away with, as opposed to nationwide.
              There is nothing unusual about this problem, nor is it Republican rigged.

It is quite clear from the video that the user is pressing the top of the Obama button in a way that a part of his finger makes contact with the McCain button.

There is a common problem with all touch screens that there is a small deviation error between where you actually touched and where it registers.

The software has to account for a single pixel from the entire touch surface, so by error it accounts for the fingernail touching of McCain's name, that is slightly above what was meant.

This is well known and documented and that's why most touch-screen software uses huge press buttons, that have dead space between them. It makes it easy to press in the exact center and a small deviation would still register the right choise.

This happens to me quite alot in touch-screen ATM machines. I just make sure I press carefully and review what the machine selected.

I don't understand why software vendors make small buttons?

From the looks of it, the voting software has lots of narrow buttons that are very difficult to pin point, and press exactly. This sounds like poor lazy design, by someone that has never worked with a touch screen.

So it's negligent, but it is not intentional rigging.

Comment

Ming is right.

AAARRRGGGGG!1!?!

That was tough. I'll be ok. Stretcher? No I think I can walk...
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Like the Dems ONLY steal in Chicago... and ONLY an election or two...

People who think the other side is worse are the ones that need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Both sides cheat. And both are equally as bad.
                  We need to stop it on both side of the table... not just point fingers at the other party and "claim" they cheat better and need to be stopped while their own party continues to do exactly the same thing.
                  I'm not at your table. I'm on a different side all together. I'm not part of the two party system. I have problems with the Democrats, but since I'm not wedded to one side or the other, I can see plainly that as far as vote suppression and stealing elections goes, one party is far worse than the other. Now, you might want to whine about 1960, but that's ancient history as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Thanks Che. Nice to hear from someone totally unbiased.

Comment

I'm not unbiased, I'm just not biased in favor of the GOP or the Democrats, so I can be more objective about your two crap parties.

Comment

Oh yes, not doubt. I'm like totally convinced.

< ---- Totally convinced

Comment

Considering you right-wingers believe the Democrats are commies and that commies support Democrats, I doubt that. Most people tend to believe their own positions are logical and objective, thus anything which disagrees with them or proves them wrong, is biased. I don't pretend I'm not biased, I'm just biased against both parties equally. I hate them both and understand they are imperialist, capitalist, war monger, racist, sexist oppressors. But even within that remarkable degree of similarity, it is obvious that one of the two parties has much more disdain for democracy than the other, and actively attempts not merely to suppress the vote, but steal elections. Since I am a partisan for democracy, those attempts (and successes) piss me off.

Comment

I am the moon reflecting the light of your wisdom upon a humanity in darkness.

Comment

The Dems most likely stole the 1960 election for Kennedy by leaving the dead on the voter roles in Chicago. The GOP most likely stole the 2004 election by disqualification and vote challenging techniques in Ohio. These were visible events. As to the 2000 election only 9 votes mattered in that one -- the votes of the Supreme Court. The two examples I mentioned above of stealing are just the most visible to outsiders. This sort of thing goes on from time to time, from place to place in every election. Pretending that the situation was ever any different is what breeds disappointment. 19th Century election scandals make fascinating reading. What is most iteresting is how often people got caught cheating, but the election results were left to stand.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                                The Dems most likely stole the 1960 election for Kennedy by leaving the dead on the voter roles in Chicago.
                                Sorry, Gatekeeper, but I have to don the mantle of Pedantic Man, because this statement always bothers me -- in spite of (or perhaps because of) the fact that my grandfather helped steal that election.

Kennedy won the 1960 election in the EC 303-219. If Nixon, and not Kennedy, had won Illinois, Kennedy still would have won the EC 276-246.

It's entirely possible that the Dems stole Illinois and Texas, and that's what did the job. But it was never Daley and Chicago, all by themselves.

This has been your Historical Corruption Minute. Now back to our regularly-scheduled program.
                                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X